Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

travelling to Cambodia - tips?

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

We flew directly into Siem Reap from HK. As for babysitting, you may want to check around. We stayed at the Le Meridien and they would not provide babysitting services for below 2 years old because they said they were not accredited for it. I wonder if some of the smaller hotels may have been more willing though to provide.

The wonderful thing about Cambodia is that everyone is EXTREMELY baby-friendly!

sherwes is offline Registered User

Hi, we are heading to Cambodia for CNY on Thurs. We will be staying in a large resort in Siem Reap. My 14 month old is now drinking cows milk rather than formula. Will it be easy to get pasteurised and homogenised milk in Siem Reap or should I take a tin of formula as back up? I assume it's fine but thought I should check. Thanks ladies.

tstmum is offline Registered User

I don't know about availability of milk in Cambodia, but you could always take some packs of UHT milk as a back up if you have the space. Then you don't need to worry so much about the quality of the water.

Neha is offline Banned

sherwes: we are planning to go to Cambodia this autumn. Can u tell me which hotel/resort u stayed in Siem Reap. We have a31 month old boy.

thanks

Hi Rani, we stayed at Borei Angkor Resort. We got a good rate booking it through Wotif.com: Hotels, Accommodation, Motels, Serviced Apartments, B&B - Online hotel bookings with instant confirmation. The hotel was very nice, the staff very helpful and the buffet breakfast was fantastic. It had a good room service menu and I had no trouble finding dishes for my toddler to eat (I could even get a side order of steamed vege for him). They were able to provide imported pasteurised milk for his bottles too.

I think calling it a "resort" is a bit of a stretch though as it doesn't have "resort" facilities. It does have a pool where we spent most afternoons but there is no grassy area for a toddler to run around. Like most of the newer hotels in the area the developer built the biggest hotel they possibly could on the land available! Depending upon your budget both Raffles and the Sofitel had more space for little people.

We really enjoyed our trip to Siem Reap. The best way to do it in my opinion (not that you asked!!) is to go sightseeing very early in the morning before the heat and crowds and then spend the afternoon by the pool. Make sure that you go back to Angkor Wat at night - we did this and there was hardly anyone there so it was a really special experience. For dining options I would suggest the FCC for lunch and the Meric Restaurant at Hotel de la Paix for dinner (you can have your meal sitting on a large day bed suspended from the ceiling). Also, be sure to see the presentation and concert by Dr Beat Richner at the Children's Hospital - it is amazing what this particular man has done for the children of Cambodia.

Have a great time!!

Neha is offline Banned

Thanks for the tips how was the hotel de la paix as that is also an option we have?

It's very cool and funky. Modern and minimalist. Good location. Not sure how kid friendly it would be though...

Neha is offline Banned

thanks alot for your help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast