Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

URGENT!! URGENT!! Pls advise!!

hina is offline Registered User
    Update
    ~~~~~

I had a adbomenal U/S today and still cant detect the fetus. Then had a Internal U/S and Dr. confirmed the fetus inside the womb. I am having spotting and Dr. said its normal sometimes but still need to monitor for few days. And also no heartbeat today. The Dr. scheduled U/S after two weeks.

I am again start to worry.

Keep Pray for me ladies.

Cheers

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Some light spotting around this time is normal. Also it is normal to not see the heart beat for another week or two. Probably the best thing you can do at the moment is to get some rest and try to not worry too much about it. I know that's hard though... but just look after yourself, and if you do that, you're looking after the baby as well!!

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Hina, my thoughts are with you and I really hope this works out for you. Just try to keep occupied and not think about it too much (easy to say and a LOT harder to do I know!).

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Don't bother with the abdominal ultrasounds. I had one when I was at 6 weeks and the doctor couldn't find it. My heart dropped until I rushed over to the next hospital with the inter-vaginal u/s and the doctor there found it.
    Just stick with the inter-vaginal u/s at this point - it's just too early. There's no way they can hear the heartbeat at this point. The fetus has got one but it's undetectable to our technology. I heard my little guy's heartbeat at 8 wks and it was pure music. But I was at a fancy private hospital with top-notch equipment. Believe me, I paid for it, hehe.
    I'm now at 25 weeks and still worry about almost every little cramp and such, but much much less than before.
    It's all about worrying, I know.
    Your doctor is right about the spotting possibly being normal - my friend bled throughout her otherwise healthy pregnancy. It could also be remnants of your last period or your missed one. Some women even bleed monthly a little bit like they're on their period. We're all different.
    If I were you I would try to get as much rest as possible right now. Stay off your feet. Good tv/movies/mags/books, things to get your mind off it and to relax a bit. And yummy food.
    Best of luck to you. I hope to hear a positive update soon.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    Most GPs (and some OBs) simply don't have the equipment to be able to detect either a fetal sac or heart beat so early.

It is quite common not to see a heartbeat until 6-7 weeks, and again, it depends on the quality of the equipment and scanner.

A&E probably isnt the place to go. They don't have the time or resources to deal with issues that are not serious/life threatening/injuries. If something were to go wrong (and I hope it doesn't), they can't do anything about it, anyway.

Good luck - let us know what happens.

rebekah is offline Registered User
    Thanks for updating Hina. You are in my thoughts. Remember that many mothers have been through this same thing, and we do understand how you feel. It's heartwrenching but most often turns out well.

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hi
    the waiting is difficult, i am so sorry.
    i did ivf with both my successful pregnancies and at the clinics, they will not do an ultrasound before 6weeks (and even then, reluctantly), because of the difficulty of locating a heartbeat. prior to six weeks, all that seems evident is the fetal pole.

the waiting is agony, but in this circumstance, medicine is on your side...dr's do not expect to see a h/b at 5 weeks.

vaginal u/s is much more telling at this stage of the game. where the embryo implanted can also have a great deal to do with located the h/b on an abdominal scan.

good luck, kitten.

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Hi Hina,
    Is there any update? I hope things are going ok.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast