Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

URGENT!! URGENT!! Pls advise!!

hina is offline Registered User

URGENT!! URGENT!! Pls advise!!

I am in need of URGENT advise. I am 5 weeks pregnant. I just had a Urine test & U/S screening in QE. The result of urine test is +ve but the U/S dint show the fetus. And I have an appointment with Gyno on Monday. Is this normal that too early to detect fetus in U/S??
    I deliberately need the advise from experts here. I am too much worried.

carang is offline Registered User

it is still VERY early to detect the embryo. there probably isn't even a heartbeat yet. maybe there will be next week. usually at this point they might only see a small sac.

the u/s that they did, was it a normal ultrasound over the tummy or was it through the vagina? through the vagina is usually more accurate at this early stage of pregnancy.

remember that although you count as 5 weeks, it is only 3 weeks since the egg and the sperm met... not very long at all.

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    PS> NONE of us are experts here, we are only other mothers that have gone through similar experiences.

rebekah is offline Registered User

The same thing happened to me. They saw a sac but no fetal pole. I was petrified but all turned out well, i have a happy, healthy almost 5 month old baby girl. Another friend had the same experience. try to relax, as hard as that is. Did they do a vaginal or abdominal scan? (mine was vaginal, but still didn't show - my friends was abdominal)

hannah.e.law is offline Registered User

I also just found out I am pregnant. I had my first U/S scan done at 6 weeks, and all they saw was an empty (no fetal pole) sac the size of a small marble (1cm x 1cm). The doc said he was concerned because it was so small, but I went back this week (at 8 weeks) and it's now on track with the "growth" chart. Even saw heartbeat, head, eye (profile view) and arms!

IMHO, I wouldn't worry about not seeing anything yet. Maybe in a week or two. Ultrasounds are notorious for not showing the whole picture, especially when it's SO small.

PS- My GP didn't see anything on the U/S, only when I went to the gyno did it show up. I actually wondered if GP really knew how to work the U/S properly, because it was the same day! (Also, having a full bladder can apparently make a difference in what they can see, so make sure you go the gyno with some liquid in you!)

Last edited by hannah.e.law; 10-11-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks all for your kind and quick replies.

I had an abdominal scan. The doc was GP. He advised to get admitted into the hospital but I kindly refused. And he gave me an earliest appointment with Gyno on Monday.

I had a scan in my first pregnancy by Gyno(Private) at same time and found everything normal. Thatz make me worried now.

My second one was miscarriaged at 8 weeks. I had U/S in QE too(A&E section). I was bleeding that time. The doc said heart-beat and everything was normal and eventually ended up in miscarriage the next day.

So, I suspect the quality of docs in A&E section on diagnoising the pregnancy matter is not up2 standard.

I am bit relaxed now after reading your replies..

Thanks Ladies and keep you updated.

Last edited by hina; 10-11-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Any more advises, Ladies??

MeowMeow is offline Registered User

i was in exact situation as yours, but 2 weeks later i saw the fetus on the ultrasound.

Don't worry, i know the waiting is hard.

sherwes is offline Registered User

I have had several early U/S and have never seen a heart beat at 5 weeks (even with a vaginal U/S). I know it is difficult to wait but hang in there. Just try to stay calm and in a few weeks you will know..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast