Struggling to feed formula/fresh milk
- 10-15-2008, 08:33 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Hong Kong, Mid Levels
Hi MLBW, where do you get your fresh goats milk?? I've been looking for ages as wanted to try my LO on it and cannot find any.
- 10-21-2008, 05:24 PM #10MLBW Guest
Well...right now I am in the States so it's not as hard to find goat's milk here. I also happen to be from a state that is really agricultural so there are suppliers that raise their own goats and you can sometimes buy milk from them. However, right now as we're entering winter here, I am using Meyenberg evaporated goat's milk. It is also available in a powder. Recently I have another thread going on asking where to buy this type of thing in HK. Not sure quite where to buy it but if you look through the threads you can find that one, I think--it's recent--within the past few days.
One thing I learned yesterday is that if you're going to solely use goat's milk with your child it's a good idea to make sure they are getting enough B vitamins in their diet as goat's milk is deficient in B vitamins. For this reason I just bought a vegetable & fruit derived children's liquid vitamin at the health food store today to add to my son's diet. Just thought this might be useful.
Let me know if you locate a good place to buy goat's milk. :0)
- By aussie mum in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 9Last Post: 02-19-2011, 10:33 AM
- By JDee in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 24Last Post: 09-10-2009, 07:13 PM
- By fennho in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 23Last Post: 01-23-2009, 11:21 AM
- By baby_aw in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 06-14-2007, 04:03 PM
- By jane9898 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2006, 01:56 AM