Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Exhausted, incoherent and nauseated

hannah.e.law is offline Registered User
    My first seven weeks I felt awful! Tired, itchy, nauseous, etc. I'm now into my 9th week and actually starting to feel better, so there is hope! I found that Materna helped, although didn't solve motion sickness on the train I take to and from work everyday, but I'm not so tired. Hope it works out for the better for you soon!

carang is offline Registered User
    yep, there was nothing good about my first pregnancy other than my son, whom i fell in love with instantly.

my second pregnancy in some ways was way worse. i was wheelchair bound for 4 out of 8 months. it did take me a little longer to bond with my daughter, but after a couple of weeks i was madly in love again...

thank goodness i teach baby playgroups, that kind of fulfills my baby needs for the moment...

spockey is offline Registered User
    Hi Gail

I didn't work throughout the pregnancy. Was a real fortunate circumstance as I slept through most of it... couldn't find the energy to get up til past 12 despite getting lots of rest everyday and lots of throwing up til about 6 months pregnant all through the time i was awake! Not working was really quite good as it helped me cope.

So, all quite normal :-)

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Ohhhh hang in there!! I puked so much for both pregnancies. I hated being pregnant!!! I love my 2 sons dearly tho so in retrospect it was "worth" the suffering but really it is tough. I used to try and explain to non-parents that it was like being severely hungover for 4mths...I remember I was so sick that I didn't want to eat anything the whole day and when I did, I would cry because it was so hard to swallow the food when I just wanted to gag and vomit it back up.

I did find the following helped:
    -taking vitamin b6- check with your doctor if this is ok for you.
    -keeping salty crackers next to the bed and eating 3 or 4 pieces every hour. having that little bit of food in my stomach seemed to help a lot
    -bubbly water & ginger ale
    -in the worst case, throwing up before I ate a meal. It would let me feel better just until I could finish a small meal and then I would close my eyes, set the timer for 2hrs before I let myself vomit again. When the 2 hours was up, I would drink a glass of water and throw that up because it's MUCH BETTER than dry heaving. 2 hours, because after so much experience, i was able to figure out that my body would digest the food in 2hrs and then I wouldn't have "wasted" any of the effort I put into eating!!

My goodness, as I type this out I am sure now that I won't have another baby...

sorry to hear it was so hard for other mums too...

carang is offline Registered User
    forget food, couldn't even be in the same room as someone eating for about 3 months...if someone called to ask me for a recipe, i'd start heaving...i couldn't go into the supermarket, walk past a 7-11 or mcd's...the ONLY thing i could occasionally stomach was roast chicken with mash and gravy...nothing else.

but...

worse than the lack of food....BRUSHING MY TEETH! i puked EVERY TIME! which kind of defeats the purpose, no?

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    yes, brushing my teeth the first 3 months was like H---!! Forget about food too although i never did vomit but the first 12 weeks i just can't have any kind of food, not even thinking of it so all i had was water, a little of juice, a little of fruits and crackers. After the 3rd month - all things are beautiful!

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    we're all on the same boat.

i puked day through night until 4+ months for both pregnancies and honestly i HATE to being pregnant. But i know I've always want two kids so now I'm done :)

I actually felt better after vomiting. I vomited before and after meals and plastic bags were ready everywhere in the house. Funny thing was my daughter even pretended throwing up >.<.

Hang in there, Congrat to you!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Haha ditto on the brushing teeth!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast