Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Exhausted, incoherent and nauseated

carang is offline Registered User
    ha, my son did that too... walked around the living room with a rubbish bin under his chin going, "blaaachhhhhh, blaaaaachhhh!"

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Glad to hear I'm not alone! I still have my head in the toilet at 31 weeks and its mainly the smell, look and thought of cooked food that sets me off.

When it got really bad and I was so dehydrated and started having fainting spells I had 3 weeks of acupuncture sessions every second day with IMI. They also gave me 2 homeopathic remedies which took the edge off it.

I too had severe exhaustion and would wake up tired even after sleeping for 12 hours. Some days I was too tired to get out of bed to take a shower. After some blood tests my GP discovered I was aneamic and also had a poor functioning thyroid. I'm now taking Thyroxin and its made such a difference. Maybe worth mentioning this to your GP if it continues after the 12 weeks.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    The only things I've been able to eat during the first trimester was hamburgers, bread, rice and Nutella... and still I managed to lose some weight ! I couldn't even go out my apartment because of the smell of food in the corridors... so the only thing I've found to help against the smells, is to have a tissue with a few drops of perfumed oils, like mint, lemon, lavander...to put under my nose, that really helped !

spockey is offline Registered User
    Yeah.. The whole diet was bizarre!
    I went off ALL meat, hated chocolate (made up for it after birth though) and pretty much everything i used to like eating was a total turn off. Mostly vegetarian throughout the ordeal.

I'm going to agree on the Soda/Bubbly solution... strangely enough... I had to have a cup of Diet Orange soda everyday... not regular orange soda, not Coke, had to be Diet Orange soda from Sunkist. Really bizarre!

carang is offline Registered User
    the idea of water at the time was soooo nauseating!

i, too, drank sodas...you should have seen the horrified expressions on the chinese ladies in the hospital when i'd whip out a diet coke...they were amazed that i would drink something so unhealthy...then they'd run downstairs to 7-11 to buy... INSTANT NOODLES! you, know the chemically laden things!

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    haha I ate frozen lasagna for 4mths!!!

I also drank root beer!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123