Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exhausted, incoherent and nauseated

gail05 is offline Registered User

Exhausted, incoherent and nauseated

Hi, Im 7 weeks 5 days pregnant and i am just so tired. I dont work or anything like that so i dont understand how i am so tired. I cant sleep well at night cuz of the peeing every hour or so and ive become itchy everywhere, my boobs and tummy and arms are just itchy. I cant really eat properly cuz i feel nauseated after food and dunno what to do...help anyone...is it normal to be feeling this tired? is there anything i can do for energy boosts?

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Congratulations ! ... there is not much to do, but having some rest, as it is quite usual the 3 first months... you will soon get better don't worry ;). For the nauseas, try to eat little portions more often, and eat only what you like until the nauseas stop. Drink a lot of water, take some Materna vitamines (or anything similar)...
    About being itchy, it's quite usual too... but talk about it to your gyno as it can be a liver dysfunction, due to the hormones level. Not saying that to worry you, but it's always better to check.
    And enjoy it as much as you can... that's such a great experience !

carang is offline Registered User
    welcome to pregnancy...

i've endured two HORRENDOUS pregnancies. hospitalised 13 times over both. so nauseous i lost over 20lbs in the first 3 months and was only 5lbs heavier the day i gave birth to my first than when i got pregnant.

all i can say is that this, too, shall pass...

would i do it all over again, if i could talk hubby into #3??? IN A HEARTBEAT!

the end SOOOOOO justifies the means!

MLBW Guest
    Ah, first trimester bliss. I agree with Frenchy. For the nausea, I recommend getting a set of Sea Bands (http://www.sea-band.com/) I was nauseous in my first trimester and also I get horrible motion sickness in any vehicle so these have helped a lot! And they are safe for pregnancy.
    I did take Materna vitamins but by the time I got to 4 months I realized they were not helping me much--I needed more nutritional support. Go online and check a site with a list of the RDA for prenatal vitamins (such as: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pre...guidelines.htm) then look at the back of the vitamins you are taking and see how they measure up--also taking into account what your diet is like. If you are able to eat all, I found that eating protein helped to balance my blood sugar and alleviated some of the nausea and exhaustion. Protein is also very important during pregnancy as it is literally the building blocks that your body uses to build that baby. :0) But as far as vitamins go--there are better options than Materna--especially, if like me, your body needs an extra boost. The more unrefined and digestable the vitamin is, the easier it is for your body to absorb and use it--the pink pills don't always fit that definition. And rest and laughter also go a long way to making a body feel better. Hope you will feel better soon!

gail05 is offline Registered User
    Thank you so much...i was starting to think there was something wrong with me...

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    welcome to pregnancy...

i've endured two HORRENDOUS pregnancies. hospitalised 13 times over both. so nauseous i lost over 20lbs in the first 3 months and was only 5lbs heavier the day i gave birth to my first than when i got pregnant.

all i can say is that this, too, shall pass...

would i do it all over again, if i could talk hubby into #3??? IN A HEARTBEAT!

the end SOOOOOO justifies the means!
    A little off the subject, Carang, but I had ONE horrendous pregnancy and childbirth and aftermath by my standards and I would not have another baby. It is quite admirable that you would willingly go through it again! :0) I am growing to like my son more and more now but would by no means go through it again....nope, nope, nope. :0P (And women tell me that I'll change my mind but I never did have "baby fever"--before, during or after pregnancy--so I guess I somehow missed that bug)

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    all sounds quite normal Gail - congratulations on your pregnancy! Fingers crossed you get an energy boost soon. Many women seem to start feeling better around 14 weeks then again another boost around 21 weeks so I hope you fit right in there.

MLBW/Cara - me too horrendous first 14-16 weeks hospitalised for the majority of the time with HG...how I went back the second time is beyond me (and everyone else...lol)...I think I was hoping that it couldn't possibly happen to me twice...wrong...lol..

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    It will get better. Most women feel completely different at 12 weeks or so. It may sound like ages away but you'll feel better.

Congrats!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast