Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Oct-Dec Christmas Gathering

Bubbles is offline Registered User

x-mas grub

Hi K - great idea. The Marina sounds fab for Dec. 15th. It'll be cool to meet everyone with their bubs.

.........b

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Good point Treens. From what I've heard/read, babies do tend to be more unsettled in the evenings (Timmy included)... Might like to take that into consideration...?

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    It is easier to have it in during lunch, although dinner for me is fine too, would be nice to meet everyone's husbands as well. At the moment, those dates are fine with me.

As for clubs or homes, I am happy to host it at my place too. I mentioned that we had one last year (in fact we have loads of parties: Halloween, X'mas, CNY) and it's great fun! So up to you guys where you prefer to go. When they are so small, it makes life easier to choose a venue, once they start crawling and walking, it's a different story!

mazamarie is offline Registered User
    Awesome idea. Any of the dates suit us.

I'm also quite happy to have it at our place although we are a little way away from central so may not be very easy for everyone to get to. I can however offer nice greenery and sea views and a large balcony.
    Last edited by mazamarie; 10-19-2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: adding extra

happywaiting is offline Registered User
    Dec 21 and 22 are best for us as my husband will only be available these dates.
    Sunday brunch with the baby would also be nice - I like the idea of coming together at somebody?s home (everybody can bring sth special from his home country) but we can also meet at any brunch location, e.g. Cafe Deko on the Peak is very child friendly and they offer a nice brunch buffet (11 - 3 pm), I already tried it.

kmalia is offline Registered User
    Thanks for bringing up those good points!

I wonder if a Sunday brunch gathering on December 14th might work better for everyone?

There seem to be about 9 of us so far that are okay with that - i think my hubby would be keen on coming, and by that time all the babies should be with us except TheaBeth and TreenJ!

As for format, if everyone brings hubbies (mothers, visiting relatives) and babies, there may be up to 25 adults and 10 strollers! I am thinking that for this size of gathering we should consider either a club or private room at a restaurant.

I will look into prices for a breakfast buffet at AMC, in the meantime - let me know if you can make it, and if so, how many will be coming on Sunday, Dec 14!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    We could POSSIBLY come on Dec 14 - we're flying out on Dec 18... I'm not 100% sure if we can come or not though. Is there a "maybe" list? I've been watching this thread because I know with us leaving HK right around that time, we'll probably be quite busy so I don't want to be making all these suggestions when maybe I won't even show up in the end!! I kinda like the idea of husbands coming too. I know my husband's always jealous of my "lunch outings" when he's slaving away at the office - and it'd be neat to meet everyone's hubbies, I think!!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Yes, I think some function room somewhere would be best considering the numbers...

Count us in! That'll be me, hubs and bubs! =)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast