Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Twitching

fennho is offline Registered User

Baby Twitching

Hi

Another set of worries...today i noticed my gal has been twitching periodically. She wasnt crying or in any kind of pain, but i'm jus worried if this is of any cause for concern...could this be a form of seizure or abnormality of nerves? Shud i be bringing her to the PD...dont wish to come across as overly worried though, if it's normal. Anyone with any experiences?

rebekah is offline Registered User
    what do you mean when you say she is twitching....describe it?

a couple of things to look for are if afterwards she is sort of out of it for a few minutes or if you can not stop the twitching by touching her (as in the twitch continues even when you are providing opposite pressure) and incontinence (hard to tell at this age) but I am guessing she is fine and it's jsut development. That said, if you are conerned, that is what your doctor is for. Ask them...

fennho is offline Registered User
    thanks rebekah

incontinence? U mean urinal? I did notice she was spaced out for a few seconds like trying to focus, i thot it's pooing but she jus peed. The twitching was like a hiccup, except there werent any hiccups happening. But the arms noticeably was twitching. But everything else is normal. Now i'm really worried. Wats' twitching got to do with incontinence?

she's still tiny, so you wouldn't really know if she was incontinent now, as she isnt continent, ever. those are some signs of a seizure, but really, i think she is probably fine. If touching her stops the movement it's not a seizure is what i have been told. Kids do funny things as they grow and use muscles more, but it's never a bad idea to run something past your doc. Maybe she was just straining trying to poo, as you said you thought she was. You know your baby best. trust your instincts, and remember that you pay the ped to answer your questions :) That's why the 5 minute visit costs 800 dollars... they anticipate some calls and questions from parents!

Scroll to top