Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Confess your sins, ladies :)

mushi is offline Registered User
    wow....this is an amazing thread and i was smiling through all the guilt experiences...sorry but am not ready yet to share mine....will make me see what i don;t want to see....feel what i don;t want to feel....but i sure feel better after reading all these that i am not alone! cheers!

sherwes is offline Registered User
    I love your confessions ladies! Before I had a baby I read endless books on child rearing. I turned my nose up at people who didn't do everything perfectly (according to my views!). My precious baby would NEVER be left in front of the Baby Einstein, would only eat whole grains, would never be given sugary snacks, would never be allowed to chew the TV remote controls etc etc....

Now, I have discovered the "Repeat Play" function on the Baby Einstein (one 20 minute session is just not enough!). My baby loves sweet foods and won't touch the healthy Weetbix cereal or unflavoured rice cakes I try to tempt him with. He will only eat the rice cakes sweetened with concentrated fruit juice. Also, he chews on the remote controls with abandon (I blame daddy for that one). Reality sure does hit home once you have a baby of your own!

My most guilty secret is that despite the fact that I have a full time helper and a pool and gym in my building, I have only exercised ONCE since moving to HK nearly 6 months ago!! I figure that I want to have baby number 2 so I'll think about exercising after that....or maybe after number 3....

wanfamily is offline Registered User
    Love this thread - gave me such a lift. Here are a few of (the many) mine..

I say that I use the 'pat pat shush method 'cos I want my second baby to learn to sleep without rocking/ nursing etc, but often just shove him on the boob 'cos it's way quicker.

I said that I'd never let myself go when I had children, but I haven't had a hair cut in almost a year, can't remember the last time I wore lipstick and ab muscles... what are they?

I don't like brushing my toddler's teeth and often they are not cleaned as thoroughly as they should be.

I dread the evening chaos of getting 2 kids into bed by 8, but on the rare occasions when I don't do it, I feel terribly guilty.

When I read my 2 year old her bedtime story, I sometimes 'accidentally' turn 2 pages over at once to save time.
    Bummer that she's started noticing.

I have always scorned at plastic surgery as being superficial, but the thought of having a boob job once I'm through with breastfeeding is starting to appeal.

Oh 'eck, the baby's awake - time to shove him on the...oops I mean do 'pat pat shush'.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    I've got a massive grin on my face after reading all the responses. I'm so glad I put it out there. After so much negativity floating around recently I wanted somewhere to chill and spout guiltlessly.

I have a few more;

* Giving baby things to play with when I'm desperate for a few minutes (like keys) which I KNOW he'll put in his mouth but berate him for it anyway

* Abandoned all hope of weaning him off his dummy for a year - he can have it for awhile longer

* Baby slept on his front from 2 months on. It was the first big (and remains the most terrifying decision we ever made) but ultimately, after a couple of doctors and midwifes assessment we felt a bit better about it. I STILL feel like we were playing with fate in retrospect but only in the sense that you never know when you'll become a statistic. Bab was happier, slept longer and his gas problems disappeared. I will eternally thank Grobag in my prayers..

* I once (in the early days) used a breastpump under a heavy jacket in the cinema. Not really a guilt confession but a silent sorry to unsuspecting fellow cinema goers -- who didnt notice anyway but talk about a gee..if you only knew scenario.

Keep em coming! You ladies are terrific!
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    c'mon ladies, no one else has anything to confess??
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

elaine is offline Registered User
    Turning the TV on as a bribe to get my LO to eat her lunch. I used to say I would only feed her when she's at the table but not anymore. Anything to get food down her throat...!

3e

spockey is offline Registered User
    (1) After a VERY tiring day's work... I ask him if he wants to watch his favourite Disney programme so that I can simply sit and cuddle but zone out too!

(2) When he's going through a phase where he doesn't want to eat... I turn to Macca's!!!!

FShah is offline Registered User
    I sudddenly feel sane again! :)

Fibbing through my teeth that Im having a splitting headache the second i wake up so hub would play with LO before he goes to work & i catch a few more minutes of snooze

Letting LO sleep in between me & hub on occasions when she wakes up in the middle of the night so that I do not have to deal if she cries again when i put her in her crib!!

I do the 'let bab watch Baby First' thing too just so I could put my leg up a few minutes :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast