Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Confess your sins, ladies :)

Nashua852 is offline Registered User

Talking Confess your sins, ladies :)

Hi, I thought it would be fun to have a thread like this on this site. There's a lot of fun to this mummying and daddying thing but it also comes with its frustrations. So Below, let off some steam and confess those guilty little niggles that have cropped up through this amazing experience. Let's see your best stuff, ladies!

:yeah2
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

I'll start;

1. When pregnant I used to laze about all day in my husband's boxers and eat crap which tasted mostly of sugar coated cardboard and only bothered to leave my comfy couch imprint half an hour before hubbie got home from work (4.45pm) and would shower, dress and lie through my teeth about all the wonderful walks I went on -- which just came short of doing mount. kadoorie or the peak walk.

2. I still lie to my husband sometimes about how many times the baby ACTUALLY woke up at night

3. My basic breakfast has consisted of peanut butter and nutella toast for the past month. I can't get enough. HELP!

4. No, I haven't just gained a lot of weight because I stopped breastfeeding (see above)

5. I've been un-necessarily judgemental about some of the posts on this site and then too chicken to actually respond.

6. Yes, I have plonked the baby in front of baby einstein whilst I put my feet up. It's wrong, I try and not do it too often but its too easy not to.

That's all I can think of for now. I don't want the floodgates to open just yet ;P
    Last edited by Nashua852; 10-17-2008 at 10:39 AM.

geomum is offline Registered User
    Well well well!!!!!
    1) On most days I desparately wait for my hubby to come home from work and make our baby sleep. I sort of pretend I had a real hard day taking care of her which is not always the case.

2) When my hubby asks me why I don't call his mum, I lie that I don't have a phone card and that I don't call my mum either. Whereas the truth is I call my mum every other day.

3) I apsolutely love being a mum, but also miss my freedom. Going out on Friday nights drinking, going for lunch/ dinner with my husband, going to the salon, shopping for myself and wandering aimlessly on HK streets in search of the elusive deal.

4) On weekends I prefer to hide in the kitchen, while my hubby takes care of our daughter. I always tell him "Sweetheart.....I am making something special for you" :))
    Last edited by geomum; 10-17-2008 at 11:29 AM.

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Oh no!!! all the secrets are OUT!!!;)

1) When I need to make a phone call without any interruptions from my toddler, I will sit him at the table with a package of cookies. I let him eat as much as he wants and I get a phone call in peace.

2) On tough days when the little baby is crying a lot and fussy and the toddler is being clingy and whiny, and I am just exhausted, I let my toddler watch sesame street podcasts on the computer. Sometimes for the whole afternoon.

3) When both kids are crying, I will call my husband at work and let him listen to the screaming just so I don't have to go through it alone.

4) If I am having a bad day with the kids I am mean to hubby when he gets home and I will nit pick and b*$%h about things.

5) I love my kids to death but I really miss the old me/life sometimes...

Those are great ladies! I dont think its anything to feel guilty about when you miss your old self. This stuff is HARD, if it wasn't it wouldn't be worth it - we miss our old selves just as much as we miss our babies being little young things and we're always going to miss stuff and we're also going to realize near the end of it all that we've had a long, fulfilling crazy life which has been great enough to reflect on and want to relive every step of the way.

Our old selves have just slipped into a different version for awhile -- 'mummy' had to know what she had to give before she was able to give it, and we're going to miss it tremendously as it's all going to be over too soon!

BTW MML I LOVE your blog :) I also need to send you a PM about some of your products soon

miaka is offline Registered User
    i like this thread. i feel human again.

1. i'm totally guilty of bb einstein, sesame street moments/afternoons/days. i secretly love the tv bc it has saved me many times from absolutely losing it.

2. i make my hubby feel guilty when i'm feeling extra tired telling him that i'm a stay at home mom who works 24/7, who doesn't get a pay check, mpf or one day off a week.

3. i had my babies close (16 mos apart) and breastfed ... and still breastfeeding .... what seems like forever. not only do i feel like a cow, but i also miss having the choice to have a drink.

4. i haven't slept thru the night in over 2 yrs, so i have on occasion mention that fact when i want to sleep in a lil, cuz no matter what his work entails, he can't possibly be as tired me.

carang is offline Registered User
    hmmmm.... the other day we were driving in the car...3.5 boy looking at a book about occupations....i hear...

"that's a vet. this is a doctor. she is a nurse..."

"so, Liam," I ask, "what is daddy's job?"

"walking the dogs..." well, done, that's 1 for 1...

"what's Yaya's job?"

"taking good care of our family..." i'm thinking, oh...mummy, you've done a great job raising this clever boy....so i ask...

"what's mummy's job?"

dead silence

"ummm....watching tv???"

this as we are heading to my playgroup where i put in about 50 hours per week!!!

anyway... guilty pleasures...

(1) hubby often takes the kids on Sunday mornings so that i can have a lie-in (not anymore... sunday classes now! argh!)

(2) kids' breakfast often consists of dry cereal and juice (they LOVE IT!)

(3) tv is ALWAYS on... i've always been that way, even when i lived alone...

(4) often pretend not to understand M-I-L just so i dont' get pixxed off with her

(5) caving in to M-I-L just so i don't have another arguement with her, she give my kids crap to eat EVERYDAY!!!

(6) turning on the tv in my room at 5am so i don't have to get up with the kids so early.

(7) putting kids in our room to save on air con bills for summer and not moving them back to their room yet because i don't have the energy for hte week of sleepless nights i KNOW will follow

(8) letting hubby deal with the kids at night time wakings 90% of the time....i have to be fresh faced etc for playgroup next day, whereas he can walk the dogs as slowly as he wants...that's my excuse anyway!

(9) McD's FARRRRR too often!

(10) bribing my children for good behaviour! ( i look at it as positive re-inforcement... sounds better!)

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the love Nashua852!!

I think as new moms there is a lot of pressure to know what you're doing, or at least look like you know what you're doing even when you haven't a clue. It's like everyone out there is watching you and has an opinion about what you are doing. It's the most vulnerable I have ever been in my life. There are days when I am completely frazzled and exhausted. It's insanely tough, physically and emotionally and the truth is, you can never be sure that what you're doing is 100% right and just because you do things "perfectly" or the "Gina Ford Way" or according to whatever system you follow, it still doesn't mean that children turn out into healthy, 'successful' (what ever that means to each of you) adults!! I also think that parents are definitely judged very harshly by other parents and non-parents but we should learn to embrace and support each other because in the end we all know how tough it is. So ladies, confess away!! Clear your conscience and let's celebrate what it means to be a parent!! We don't always have the answers, some days are a complete struggle, while other days, or rather MOMENTS are bliss, we all do what we can to make it through another day and hope with all our hearts that our kids turn out to be kind, caring, independent, (this list goes on and on...) people. xx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast