Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

'Classmates' wanted for alost 3yr old - TKO area

wanfamily is offline Registered User

'Classmates' wanted for alost 3yr old - TKO area

Hi,
    I seem to be one of the only ones in my area whose almost 3 year old (3 in Dec) isn't attending school. I'm in no rush to send her because I'm taking a 6 months - a year out of my career (as a primary school teacher) to spend some time with her and her baby brother. Whereas she's really benefitting from individual 'home schooling' from her teacher mum, I feel she's really missing out on socilaising with other children her age. She has plenty of younger friends, but no-one really on a similar developmental level to communicate with.

I'm just wondering if there are any other 3ish year olds out there who would like to come a few times a week to join us for a couple of hours. I'm happy to host and prepare activities. I use the term 'home schooling' with some reserve because I am NOT about getting children to do rote learning and what I term 'monkey tricks'. The things I do with her include stories, songs, simple craft activities to develop her fine motor skills, games, walks outside and of course lots of 'free' play.

Ideally I would like about 3 children with parents of similar mind -sets to me who can commit to a few hours a week - either in the morning (9:30 - 11ish) or in the afternoon (3 - 5ish). If there are any Cantonese speaking mums out there who fancy doing 'dual language'. (ie I prepare activities in English, but you bring a Cantonese story along/ help talk about what we're doing in Cantonese.) it may be an idea...?

Many thanks,
    Cath

mummyof2 is offline Registered User
    hello, my boy is not attending school too, his friends are all in kindergarten now... he turns 3 in march next year so 3 mths younger than your child... i'm also hoping he can make some friends his age group and have some casual activities... i can do most wkday mornings... we live in sai kung so tko is just 10 min drive away... hope we can work out something : )

Good to hear from someone in the same situation! I've PMed you my number.
    Talk soon?
    Cath

katelynBB is offline Registered User
    hi there
    I also have a daughter not in school yet. She'll be three in March.
    I love the idea of teaching her... Plus we've only been here for a few months so it would be great to meet new pol.
    Where is Tko? (I still don't know my way around)

Thanks
    Theresa
    ~Theresa~

Theresa, So sorry I didn't reply -I missed your post! I live near to Hanghau station on the purpled MTR line. At the moment, my daughter and a little boy of similar age meet every Tuesday. You're more than welcome to join if you like.
    Cath

bbjan is offline Registered User

hi wanfamily

i have also sent u a pm. can we join in too. my girl is born in nov 2005.

Just read it... will send you my details. I'm actually off to the UK next week but will be back from Jan 6th. If you're interested, maybe you could join us from then?

neringapri1 is offline Banned
    Hello,

I have just sent you a pm.