Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ivf at 40 with pcos

marypeter is offline Registered User

ivf at 40 with pcos

Just want to seek your advice.

I am 40 years old, very healthy. we tried to have a baby last year. After a series of tests. we found out that i had pco but no symdrome. I also ovulate so the problem is irregular period, - immature eggs?? around 35 to 42 days. I may have one tube blocked. hubby is fine. my fsh is below 6

IVF was carried our few months ago abroad but unsuccessful. i only had 3 eggs retrieved after few days of stimulation as i over reacted to the drugs. (300 Gonal for 5 days, with 50 burselin, 150 G for 2 days 25 B drug and B drug only for a few more days) 2 grade 1 embroys were put back. unfortunately the doc was so inexperienced that he poked for 15 minutes without success. It may due to the crooked entrance of the uterus. A consulatant had to call in to finish the job. by then i was half dead.

the whole process was not too scary for me except the last bit, but am now looking for an ivf expert in hk. have heard good things about few experts but want to know who is good at poc and age 40+ women?

wondering if i should go for dr. ho or dr. doo or others?

Am thinking of acupuncture and chinese medicine, pls advise what i should be or should not be eating and doing

your advice is highly appreciated

izzy is offline Registered User

will sent you a private message

curlybaby is offline Registered User

Sent you a PM message

Babygap is offline Registered User

Hi - I can highly recommend Prof Chris Haines in Prince of Wales Hospital. He's Australian, he's been working in IVF for over 30 years, extremely experienced. We went to him with a whole set of unusual issues and I felt like I was in such capable hands, he's also extremely sympathetic and happy to answer questions and discuss issues.

Also it's a public hopsital (but you can see him as a private patient) which makes them far more accountable than some of the private clinics in Hong Kong, a bit more reasoable too.

I hope that helps!

ivf at 40 pco

Thanks Izzy, curlybaby (have sent u both pm), babygap

Babygap,

Were u suffering from the same infertility issues? The key for me is to look for an infertility expert who is good at pcos (without symptoms) at 40.

Age is really a tricky point and i just hope the doc can be a bit more understanding. The other issue with pco or pcos sufferers is that patients have higher risk of miscarriages. Doc needs to be able to deal with it. I read it from the other threads that Dr. Doo is quiet good at it.

Anyway, how many times have u tried ivf before a great success? What did u do before ivf? did u get any alternative help such as acupuncture or chinese meds? How much it cost for the whole ivf process with dr. haines?

Should I stop exercise altogether? I do go to the gym about 3 times a week, some weight training and maybe a bit of swimming, nothing too serious. In terms of food, I eat very healthily. I do eat meat, occasionaly coffee, no cool food. no alcohol

Many thanks ladies for your support

Hope4Baby is offline Registered User

marypeter,

can you please post Dr Haines' clinic address ?

thanks

hi,

it was babygaps recommendation. I dont have prof haines details, but i guess u can call 1083 and look for the hospital

Are u suffering from the same issues?