Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Thoughts or advise for Chorionic-Villi-Sampling-(CVS)

piper is offline Registered User

Thoughts or advise for Chorionic-Villi-Sampling-(CVS)

I'm having a CVS done in a 2 weeks --- my doctor said there is a risk of miscarriage.

Has anyone had this done? If so, what's the procedure like?

Also, if you please let me know how the experience and outcome was --would be really appreciated.

LyndseyJoanne is offline Registered User
    South Island
    Hi Piper,
    I had this done at 12 wks due to some evidence of swelling on the babies neck on the scan. It was a bit scary and uncomfortable for a couple of days (I rested for 48 hrs after to be on the safe side). The Dr (DR LAM) was extremely professional and put my mind at ease. The risk of miscarriage is low but they should advise you of all the risks before they do the procedure. I didn't have any other issues or complications. It was worrying and emotional waiting for the results but when everything came back all clear it was a huge relief and everything has been fine since-due in 4 wks! I hope that everything goes well for you and if you need any more details or want to chat about it let me know.
    Take care, Lyndsey x

Ying Ho is offline Registered User
    Hung Hom
    Hi Piper,

Have you done your OSCAR testing first yet? I am 40 this year and the risk of Downs is high about 1 to 90, but after OSCAR, I have a 1 to 3000 chance. And CVS is 1 to 300 risk of miscarriage.

Suggest you have a second opinion or take the OSCAR tests first. You can do so with Dr Patrick Chan he works from both Matilda and Central locations.

Wishing you all the best.