Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Weekend getaway with baby

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, Mid Levels
    Has anyone been to Chang Mai? We're considering there for Christmas as it has good sports for my husband. We were there years ago when childless and wondered if anyone had kid friendly hotel recommendations?

Re tips, I second the suggestion of suites when travelling whenever possible, we spent 2 weeks in Italy with our 1 yr old over the summer and it was harder making do with double rooms. Also, make sure you have a good baby monitor. In Italy, they would often look after the montior at hotel reception while we ate in restaurant!

For food, we took a hand mixer which was invaluable and lots of Ella's kitchen organic squashy packets to supplement the food we bought along the way. The 'tot seat' ( a material seat you tie kids into and works with pretty much any chair) was an easy to carry around must have also.

Because everything is new and fascinating, I found our bub was actually more content doing not much at all than she would be at home.

mushi is offline Registered User
    happy valley
    i think its great fun to travel with small kids....we recently did a trip to malaysia- Sunway Lagoon is a 45 min drive from the airport (same as going to KL) and is like a mini-city by itself...Sunway has a huge 1000-room hotel, a huge water park connected plus a fantastic shopping centre with the baby-changing facilities i have ever seen...the hotel is very caring towards kids and the hotel/park is extremly pram-friendly...the flight was good too and excpet a few bumps here and there our trip was 4-yr old loved the water park and the video-games arcade at the mall. need more info pls. PM me....alternately if u are looking for something with lesser headaches try going for an overnight stay at Disney land is close-by, will offer the necessary break and give u a great experience.

sfnative is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Great feedback! Thanks everyone!!!! : )

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    You can also try any of the Club Meds as they have a Baby welcome package (free of charge). They include everything like cot, bottle warmers, baby tub, sterilisers, lullaby projection, as well as strollers. They also have things for toddlers like bed guards, potty.

In their restaurants, they have a baby corner where there is a blender, fresh fruits and a huge array of baby food (and I really mean huge) for you to choose from, if needed.

The staff are all very good with young children and once your child reaches 2 yo, you can join their mini club and they arrange a whole load of activities for them to do. The kids love it!

noc is offline Registered User
    Dear Bubbly, which Club Med resort did you stay at?

fennho is offline Registered User
    Kowloon Station (West)

Sounds good indeed! Which one u go to?

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam
    another option is Sanya. 1.5 hour flight and plenty of decent hotels.

We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton & they provided everything we needed (plus if you stay in a 1-bed suite, the wardrobes are massive....was like a second bedroom as easily fitted the cot in with extra space). The food there was fantastic & great kids club/kids pool etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12