Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh when will my hair stop falling out?

norah is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberfish88 View Post
    I am now 7 months postpartum and still losing hair! I could have made a couple of wigs by now. I am getting tired of cleaning out clogged drains and finding trails behind me wherever I go....of course then there is the whole clump that LO pulled out of my head this morning on her own but that is another story :) Luckily I had a thick mane to start with. Anyone else have hair loss this late after giving birth?
    Oh my god you are so not alone. Not only do I have a bald spot where my fringe is (i.e. scalp is totally showing, I hate it), but my lashes and eyebrows have thinned out. I used to have hte most amazing long, lush eyelashes and fabulous thick dark lovely eyebrows. Now my lashes are pitiful and my eyebrows have thinned out and gone grey. This upsets me so much. I realise it is hormonal but it does nothing for your self esteem, particularly when you are also battling baby weight like myself.

I think we all just have to wait it out, give it till 1 year and then if the problem hasn't resolved itself, seek more help.

Good luck!

X

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Just curious as to how many of the above were losing hair whilst still breast feeding or shortly after? My hair continued to fall out until my daughter was around 7 months old (I breastfed my daughter until she was 5 months) and someone told me it was whilst breastfeeding, not sure if this is true or not.

tstmum is offline Registered User

Mine's still falling out after 7 months, and I'm breastfeeding. Unfortunately it only seems to be the natural, ie, brown hairs that are falling out - the grey ones are staying stubbornly fixed to my head! :(

clowe77 is offline Registered User

yup mine too and i'm nearly 7 mo post pardem... my nickname around the house is "chewy" these days :-(((

i'm still BF'ing...

don't worry cyberfish, i haven't noticed any missing hairs from your head! guess we're lucky we have a thick head-full to begin with...

rebekah is offline Registered User

I'm still BF and haven't yet started to lose my hair. I'm sure it's coming soon...my daughter is almost 6 months old.

joshsmum is offline Registered User

LOL tstmum!! I can relate to that. :)

As I said I am still losing my hair 6.5 months on (and still BF) - interestingly enough though, I never noticed until the hairdresser pointed it out on Saturday - I have this massive new re-growth at the front, almost like a little fringe!

Belinda

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

Thanks for sharing everyone. I am glad to hear I am not the only one! From the sounds of it, it looks like I will have to wait a few more months before this stops!

AussieMom, that is interesting about breastfeeding maybe contributing to this. I hadn't heard that. I am still bfing at 7.5 months.

And yes I can sympathize with the grey hairs being stubborn. I was looking for a "fringe" of new hair on my scalp and nope...just more grey hair!

Have to go unclog the drains...

lieny is offline Registered User

You guys are hilarious.. I am shedding too.. eventhough I have stopped BF for about 1.5 months.. Is that GNC thing good? Maybe I should go buy one of those.

Lieny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12