Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oh when will my hair stop falling out?

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User

Oh when will my hair stop falling out?

I am now 7 months postpartum and still losing hair! I could have made a couple of wigs by now. I am getting tired of cleaning out clogged drains and finding trails behind me wherever I go....of course then there is the whole clump that LO pulled out of my head this morning on her own but that is another story :) Luckily I had a thick mane to start with. Anyone else have hair loss this late after giving birth?

jjmum is offline Registered User
    I have this problem too before. Have you tried using another brand of shampoo? 'coz after I change into another brand, it seems a lot better.

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Hi my hair is still falling out 7 mths postpartum but not as much. With my first one, it went back to normal around 8mths. Just over half a month to go but I am taking GNC hair, skin & nails supplements which does help. Lots of short hair sprouting out everywhere.

Sucellia is offline Registered User
    My hair started falling when my son was about 4.5 month old and it continued for good 2 months. It stopped eventually but then I have been dealing with all the baby hairs coming out of my head! It just sticks out from everywhere!

My bangs were almost all gone at peak time....I looked horrible.
    That bothers me the most.

I am still dealing with my hair......it just out of control due to all the lost hair coming back.........

Anyway, it will stop eventually and lost hair will come back so do not worry. It just happens due to hormonal changes.

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    YES!!! I am still losing LOTS of hair 6.5 months post postpartum. Like you Cathy luckily I had lots of hair to begin with or I would be bald by now!! :)

Belinda

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Well, when you baby is about 10 months old then you will notice you have a full bloom new hair with better shine and silk on your head! Just check your forehead, there are lots of new hair coming out. Baby's hair will also fall off at around 4 months onward for a few weeks and new hair is coming out too, some fast and some s.l.o.w. :)

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    I'm in the same boat! I am losing so much hair i have thinned out spots where you can see my scalp!! I am almost 6mths postpartum. The first time around I think I stopped shedding at 8 or 9mths...Hopefully this time will be sooner than that...

rach is offline Registered User
    hairdresser told me after giving birth last time that it is because you stop losing so much hair when you are pregnant (you know meant to be glowing with a great mane of hair) so it is just balancing it out eg hormonal. perhaps this is not true but i remember it stopped at some point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast