Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bird's nest

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Bird's nest

For chinese, they eat birds nest while pregnant so baby will have fair skin.

Anyone knows when is the right month to start taking this? and how much in a day? 1 Tablespoon?

Thanks.

hannah.e.law is offline Registered User

This may not be very helpful, but I have a friend who was just telling me about this. She said it should be in third trimester, although it wouldn't hurt to start earlier. I don't know what is recommended "for best results" but she said she took one nest a week while she was pregnant. Sorry to not be more help than that!

jjmum is offline Registered User

As far as I know, you can start having it anytime, don't need to wait till certain month. A spoonful daily would be enough. But you've got to watch out for the quality, as there is so much fake bird's nest around.

Thanks for your replies.

Hannah, your reply is helpful, that's what i think too, should be consumed on last trimester.

jjmum, i have good quality dried ones at home, but only 2 packets so i'm thinking of saving it til last trimester to save cost.

Would you know if those ready made ones in bottles has the same effect? i haven't tried those but it would be easier to take and no need to cook for long.

louisouis is offline Registered User

I took birds nest throughout my pregnancy, one tablespoon each day first thing in the morning is sufficient. Sometimes I have it with my raisin bran cereal so that i can get the essential fiber, calsium and collagen (birds nest) all at once. It is better to have it first thing in the morning apparently as the body absorbs it well. The ones in the bottle are convenient but the quality of the birds nest might be inferior, they might be made from bits rather then actual nests, then again as long as it is birds nest it should be helpful no matter what.
    I have another friend who said that eating birds nest during pregnancy had made her baby's skin really sensitive... not sure about that ...

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

hi

Congratulations !

I have been eating abt 1 tablespoon of bird nest everyday since the day i know i am pregnant till now, due to deliver on 12 Nov 08.

I think it not only helps in the collagen but also protein. Initially when I was in canada with my hubby i hv been having e dried ones but since i return to HK alone 3 months ago i have been having the concentrated ones from Lou Hong Ka. I am quite sure their quality is not too bas as its made in Singapore and knowing that singapore has very strict quality control.

Hope it help.

Bubbly is offline Registered User

I took it throughout both my pregnancies (and prior) and my elder daughter has very good skin, cannot tell you about my younger one as she is only a week old but so far, it looks good.

I am also taking it now as it is good for mothers who just gave birth as well. I take the dried ones though as I have tried the ones in the bottle and they seem a little 'funny' to me.

A tablespoon a day is enough and I also take it in the morning.

Hi Ladies,

If you eat it everyday, you cook it in batches and store in refrigerator? how long does it last? Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast