Most desired school for 2yr old?
- 12-31-2008, 08:57 AM #17Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
Same as you that my work peers always talk abt which KG that our kids going to. As a mother of three, sometimes I can feel the 'pressure' from them and moms of my kids' classmates coz just like what you said 'unavoidably, we are competing with each others.'
So far as I know, not all the local mums here are keen in putting their '2 yrs old' toddlers to PN. I agree that PN is not a must for toddlers to enter any famous KG. Like my twin daughters, they did not join any PN before they went any K1 interviews but they got offers from all 'famous KG'. However, I agree that someone said the importance of 'playing'... toddlers at this age need lots and lots of 'playing'...they are learning through the playing time/ singing time (see Montessori...), an so on...
There's a question always in my mind that reminds myself how to plan the ECA for my kids...'will a kid start to learn Maths when he turns 1 or 2 MUST be better than when he turns 4 or 5 as normal???'
wish you all a happy new year.
- 12-31-2008, 08:21 PM #18Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- By courtbas in forum EducationReplies: 36Last Post: 02-02-2009, 10:56 PM
- By Christinea in forum Moving ForumsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2008, 04:02 PM
- By appless in forum Parenting - Older KidsReplies: 3Last Post: 03-11-2007, 11:00 AM
- By Histamin in forum EducationReplies: 7Last Post: 02-04-2007, 09:42 AM
- By Vrindavan in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:02 PM