Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Flying and feeding the baby.

natalie1 is offline Registered User

Flying and feeding the baby.

Hey i am flying from hong kong to london this week. I am breastfeeding my one month old daughter. I was wondering what the best solution is for me to feed her on the flight? Can i go into the toilet and feed her. Or if i pump it before the flight will they put it in a fridge and reheat it for me? Or powder milk? I am flying with virgin. If anyone has any recommendations i would be very thankful.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I've made a few flights BF my baby and i just did it in my seat. I took the window seat and covered myself with a large baby blanket, asked for extra pillows to make it confortable, and it was fine.
    They don't really have a fridge, it's more a freezer, and traditional oven depending on the flights. They once heated some food with warm water (when my baby was older) , but that's all.

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    yes just in your seat will be fine, the armrests are actually a great height for baby and the little pillow under their head and it works really well.

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    I've also taken a few flights with my BF baby and I've always just done it in the seat with a cover.

You might still feel a little anxious BF in public because your little one is still young... but I've never had any problems with anyone looking or saying anything on a flight.

Happy flying!

Belinda

tstmum is offline Registered User
    BF in your seat. Make sure you feed on take off and landing to relieve any pain from the change in pressure in baby's ears. I ask for an extra pillow and rest that on the arm rest for baby's head. I've never bothered using a blanket or BF cover/apron (when flying or anywhere), but I try to dress "appropriately" for BFing, eg, a singlet style nursing bra and a loose top so that not much is on display.

At one month, baby should be (hopefully) an easy travel companion. It's when they get a bit older and wriggle around and hard to fit in the seat to BF, and then even older and are walking that it gets tougher!!

MLBW Guest
    I pumped milk and took it with me on the plane. I had a cooler with enough solid ice packs to keep the milk and I pumped in the bathroom--that worked for me. We flew when my son was 5 weeks old from the USA to HK--it was about 20+ hours of flight time.