Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transformers/Converters for US Appliances

NYCMel is offline Registered User

Transformers/Converters for US Appliances

Does anyone know where we can buy transformers for our US kitchen appliances in HK? Our managements sells them for about $300 USD, but I am hoping there is somewhere cheaper. Since they are appliances regular converters that you use for computers, printers etc..are not enough as they are much higher wattage.

Thanks!

Frenchy is offline Registered User

Maybe at Wanchai Computer Center ? that's where we have bought all our converters...

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I took mine from the States, paid around $60-70 for a 1500W transformer (for my Kitchen Aid, blenders, etc.). Do a google search on HK pages for step up / step down transformer converter.

Frenchy, were exactly is that?

Mom2Sofie&Twins: Do you know what the input and output is of the kitchen Aid mixer?

kmalia is offline Registered User

i have my kitchen aid mixer on a 500 watt converter (my kitchen aid mixer runs max 325 watts).
    i get all my converters from either Wanchai Computer Center which is in Wanchai in Southorn Garden building. if you use exit A4 of the MTR and turn left, you should see a McDonalds. The entrance is the set of escalators that go up on the right hand side of McDs. Otherwise, just go to centamap.com and type in 'wanchai computer center.'
    You can also sometimes find them in random hardware stores (that sell lightbulbs and power strips, etc). But you have to ask for the larger wattage ones. Most are only 70-100 watts.

val23 is offline Registered User

Hi,

Try the Chinese Dept Store in North Point 2nd or 3rd floor where they sell appliances, they have those there.

Got mine but only 150 watts.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCMel View Post
    Mom2Sofie&Twins: Do you know what the input and output is of the kitchen Aid mixer?
    PP is right, but I also have other appliances with more output (Kitchen Aid blender is more) and also appliances surge when you turn them on and since the difference between 1000 and 1500 W was a couple of $$$ I didn't bother and bought a higher one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast