Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Healthy Times Baby Cereals -- Puzzled

rani is offline Administrator

Hi, have just emailed the local disti. Will keep you posted.

jjmum is offline Registered User

clowe77, thx for letting us know. I haven't had such problem so far, but will keep a close eye on the content.

diylim is offline Registered User

Hi, I started feeding solids to my girl about 2 weeks ago and I have the brown rice and the oatmeal cereal in plastic packaging. Which one is darker in color - the rice or the oatmeal? I have been feeding her the one that is lighter in color and the box says Brown Rice cereal.

noc
    noc is offline Registered User

Wow, that is a really terrible mistake. But I think all Healthy Times cereals are not that allergic, and in my baby's experience, pretty similar in terms of taste. In the early days, there were times when there was no rice or oatmeal, and I just gave him barley or even multigrain which was fine.

For other organic cereal, there is also Earth's Best which comes in a similar sized box.

clowe77 is offline Registered User

yes but Earth's Best is not brown rice, or is it?

gosh, this is terrible... how do we know what we are feeding our babies now??

noc, there are quite a number of babies who are allergic to barley and even have negative reactions from oatmeal, which is why RICE cereal is highly recommended as baby's first food. this is totally inexusable on the part of the distributor, or whoever is in charge of the packaging. honestly, how infuriating.

rani, thanks for contacting them - please let me know what happens...

diylim, gosh i don't know the answer to our question, as i haven't fed my baby oatmeal yet so i don't know how it looks in comparison to rice... this is awful that we cannot trust the packaging on such a "reputable" brand product to reflect what is truly inside! awful!!!

htbaby80 is offline Registered User

Healthy Times Premium Organic Baby Cereal

Dear Mums,
    Healthy Times has made some changes to our baby cereal so that the cereal can now dissolve in any temperature of liquid. This is a great improvement for mums who cannot heat up the liquid for the baby cereal if they are out. The grains are steamed as usual and then cut into flakes. Because the product is cut into flakes, the appearance could be a little different. I assure you that you are getting the grain that the box states. We produce all rice on one day. We produce all oat on one day. And then all barley on one day and all mixed grain on one day. The products never have gotten switched. Our plant has a large quality assurance team that watches and tests the product before and after production. There is no chance of getting a different grain in the box. The new cereals appear a little different because of the above. You are getting the only organic whole grain baby cereal that is fully supplemented for your babies healthy growth and development. There is no dairy, no soy, no nuts, no eggs in any of our product line, including the cereals. Rondi

Healthy Times New Packaging

In reply to the packaging, I just wanted to let you know that we have changed the packaging in the last few months to a bag inside a box. We decided that since mums pour the cereal in an airtight container, the bag in box would be the best option. Also, concerning storing any grain products. Our products are manufactured under very strict organic and FDA regulations. The grains are tested before and after production. We call out the specifications and do not accept any ingredient that does not meet the specifications. If a distributor or store does not store the cereals correctly, grain weevils can infest the cereal. You may have seen this in other grain products. The cereal must be stored in an airtight container and not in a hot enviroment with no moisture. All grain products when stored incorrectly can become infested. Healthy Times is a trusted brand with over 28 years on the market. My passion is to provide mums with clean, healthy, non-allergen, organic products that are consistant in quality and flavor. Rondi (Founder)

Dear Mums,
    My Hong Kong agent is below for any questions or concerns you may have. Thank you for sharing in my committment to giving your baby a healthy start. Rondi, Healthy Times Founder
    HK agent can be contacted at 852 2522 1198

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast