Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Healthy Times Baby Cereals -- Puzzled

mushi is offline Registered User
    agree with aussie mum, i am not a big fan of the new 'improved' veriosn of brown rice flakes....first of all we need so many spoons as compared to before to get a good consistency ....secoindly they fly all over cause they r so very light.....a big nuisnace since i used to carry the brown rice cereal and water separateky while travellinga nd when u r outdoors it is so difficult to mix the two w/o the flakes flying off....also can Healthy times not give a can like Nestle instead of these boxes....very difficult to use on a daily basis......one good thing about all of this is that my abby is a big fan of all products of healthy times...whether its brown rice or barley or oats....so keep up the good tastes.....hope the quality is equally good.

donkey is offline Registered User
    I personally like Earth's Best better - for the same oatmeal cereal for both Earth's Best and Healthy Times, Earth's Best one needs less tablespoon to produce the same consistency as Healthy Times, and therefore more economical.

However I can't find it at Citysuper, Olivers, Great, 360 anymore. Does anyone know where else can I find it?

Quote Originally Posted by MLBW View Post
    I have also found and bought Earth's Best Organic Cereals in Hong Kong--at City Super. They have rice, oats and mixed grain.

Earth's Best

clowe77 is offline Registered User
    so does Earth's Best have brown rice cereal? if so, i am definitely going to switch over, if i can find it!

mushi is offline Registered User
    do u get earth best at P&S international?

donkey is offline Registered User
    Yes Clowe77 Earth's Best has brown rice cereal as well...Just need to find where you can buy it as I think Citysuper is out of stock..will check today.

No, Mushi can't buy it at P&S.

rani is offline Administrator
    Mums, Here's another reply from Healthy Times

We have now cut the flakes a little thicker so they are not as light. The density is much better. In trying to satisfy mums in being able to add any temperature of water, and having them dissolve better, we now have been able to cut the grains thicker so that they are not so light. You will see this on your next shipment. Also, Healthy Times baby cereal is fully supplemented so that babies receive the vitamins and minerals necessary for healthy growth and development. Earths Best only adds iron. The supplementation is expensive but well worth the benefits for healthy growth and development. Thank you. Rondi

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    hopefully this time they have listened and the packaging will also indicate the change to the flakes that is being made!
    Not sure I'll be switching back when there are other brands we are now happy with.....

sherwes is offline Registered User
    I am pretty surprised by the response of Healthy Times. It seems to suggest that the best food for your baby is the one with the maximum number of added supplements. I am not looking for my baby to receive all of the vitamins and minerals he needs via one product but rather I try to provide a balanced diet. To be honest when buying food for my baby (including formula) I generally buy the item with the least number of ingredients!

I am not suggesting that people don't buy their products. In fact, I do buy some of their products and my baby likes them. However, I was just really surprised that they would say that their product is better because it has more added vitamins and minerals. From a nutritional perspective I suppose it doesn't matter as the excess vits are just excreted via urine however, if a manufacturer wanted they could make a chocolate bar and add vitamins and minerals so that it meet at least some (maybe all?) of the daily requirements!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast