Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Healthy Times Baby Cereals -- Puzzled

miao is offline Registered User

Healthy Times Baby Cereals -- Puzzled

I used to buy Healthy Times Baby Cereals from PnS but recently just bought four packs from City Super. Today I found that the ones I bought from City Super are different from the ones from PnS. Although the package looks the same at a glance, the City Super ones are 6oz and the PnS ones are 8oz. Also the City Super ones have a plastic bag containing the cereal inside the box, whereas for the PnS ones the cereal is just in the box. And the PnS ones have the openning on the box from which you can pour the cereal out, whereas the City Super ones do not have such openning.

I checked the Healthy Times website and they only have the 8oz ones there. I'm wondering whether anyone who bought the cereal from City Super has noticed this? Guess I shouldn't worry about the authenticity of stuff bought from City Super, but just wanted to make sure.

Paddles is offline Registered User
    Have you checked to see where the product is distributed. I buy a formula that comes in 2 different types of packaging, different scoops, different labels etc but it's because one is packaed for the Asian market in Indonesia and the other is packaged for the UK and European market in Spain.

Or it could be that one is an old style packaging and one a new style - the web would reflect current product but it's possible that old stock is still on the shelves.

MLBW Guest
    In the USA Healthy Times comes in a box with a spout and plastic around the outside. I think it must be a regional thing.

fennho is offline Registered User
    hi there

i think the ones that u bought from City Super are the new packaging and the ones from PnS are the old packaging. I have a mommy in Spore that the old packaging have recd quite a lot of complains. Reason being of their flimsy packaging, (with no plastic and opening at the side of the box) there was once, my friend opened and found baby cockroaches inside! She wrote to Healthy Times in Sg, and they confirmed that they had a problem with one of the shipment (something to do with an accident and that shipment was spoiled, some cracked etc). So, they looked into it and decided to change their packaging.

clowe77 is offline Registered User

Angry Healthy Times Brown Rice Cereal - Warning!!!!

I am soooooo annoyed and upset and angry... Just opened up a new box of Healthy Times Organic Brown Rice Cereal that I had bought a few weeks ago and BOY was I shocked!! Instead of brown rice in the plastic bag within the box, I found BARLEY CEREAL! The difference was unmistakeable - it was definitely barley because I've bought their barley cereal before and I know what it looks like - the barley grains look totally different from rice grains.

HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED? What a flagrant, not to mention DANGEROUS packaging mistake on the part of the manufacturers?? What if my baby were allergic to barley and I were new to this and didn't know the diff between the look of barley and rice grains? I am outraged.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this wrt to the HT brand or any brand? I am dying to write to SOMEONE to complain but not sure how to do this or what to do or even if it's worth it... I think HT is the only brand in HK offering organic BROWN rice cereal - please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks!!

mushi is offline Registered User
    i give this cereal - brown rice, barley, oats to my baby and he loves it....i wish they would give it in a plastic packagaing though instead of straight in the box ....but u can visit healthytimes.com ...their pack also has a phone number and address that u can use....do let know the result, all the best

clowe77 is offline Registered User
    Yes I will do that... Actually, this was my first time finding the plastic packaging in the box. All the previous times I've bought the brown rice cereal, it was straight out of the box and there were no mistakes (ie - brown rice was actually in the box saying "Brown Rice"!). So I am very skeptical now of the plastic packaging inside the box.

I wonder if I am the only one who has experienced this grave error on the part of the manufacturers/distributors/packaging companies? I hope no mother has given their baby barley thinking it was brown rice, because of such false packaging...

Paddles is offline Registered User
    I just opened a pack of the brown rice cereal yesterday, which I haven't had before and was surprised to see that it most certainly wasn't brown rice cereal but oatmeal.. I too want to complain. Luckily I have given them this before so recognised it and can use it, but I wanted brown rice cereal! I also think that for a baby food manufacturer to package wrong is really bad, if you don't know what it looks like then you could give it to the baby as you say and get a bad reaction.

Not sure who to complain to, the number on the box is a US number so can't really call that and there's no listed distributor on the box for HK.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast