Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best diaper for explosive poo???

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

best diaper for explosive poo???

Hi, wonder if anyone has this experience or any good advice?
    My baby sometimes has this poo that sounds like a great explosion and the poo usually "shoots" up the back staining the clothes and bedsheet. This happened quite often especially at night feed when she kicks and the diaper got loose and dropped quite low. I have tried Huggies NB which leaked badly and changed to Pampers NB was much better, but still had 1-2 accidents recently increasing to more so we thought to change to Pampers S since she is more than 4kg. However with S size, she leaks even more as the diaper is bigger and tend to get loose and drop even more than the NB size. I wonder if there is a brand that is longer or wider behind to prevent such leaks?? Its tough changing clothes, bedsheets and blankets every night at 4am...
    Thanks!!

rebekah is offline Registered User
    unfortuantely the key with disposables is the stretchy diapers, if your baby has big thighs, people say huggies work best, my baby had moderate thighs and we used pampers, the huggies were too high cut for her...but they had to be the imports with stretch. Alternatively, you could use cloth. Cloth rarely leaks. You can get fuzzibunz at 360 to try, and of course you can order from doubibou. I think shopinhk sells some as well.

MLBW Guest
    Try folding the back of the diaper down (you can do this with both Pampers and Huggies) when you put it on. Fold the edge of the diaper in the front and back (people often do this with little boys as when they pee it often can leak out the front). My son used to have the same issue your daughter has--and I can't count the many times that he had a "racing stripe" up the back of his onesie--some were quite hard to deal with (he had them when we were on a 16-hour flight as well as at the mall one time when we ran out of wet wipes!). Fold that diaper in and it will create a "lip" that will keep that poo in the diaper for the most point--also, try to get the diaper as snug as you possibly can--even if you have to use your own piece of tape--if the diaper is lose in the waste--you will for sure get leakage upward. Hope this helps.

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User
    thanks, it makes sense, let me try the folding part tonight...

MLBW Guest

Question Tub Pooper

MLBW Guest

Question

Let me know if that works, okay?

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Another minor tip I learnt. As a back up to the nappies, try putting a mattress protector, then a bed sheet, and then another mattress protector and another sheet on babies bed. That way if bubs soils one, you can just rip the top set off, so that the bottom set is fresh on there. I know that this does not solve the problem with the nappies, but might decrease your time taken to change the bed each time.

MLBW Guest
    If you can't find the bed protector, you can use a shower curtain. :0)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast