Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No. of milk intake at 9 month

shoni is offline Registered User
    Hi,

If it is any help, I weened at 5 months using Milupa Atamil with no problems. Milupa is a lot thiner than other formula's and is supposed to be closer to BM. I am lucky tho my bubs will take any food / drink offered.

peainpod is offline Registered User
    Thanks, Shoni! I've never heard of Milupa Atamil. Where can you buy it?

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    You can buy it from Welcome. My daughter drinks a mixture of EBM and Aptamil now, before she drank BM or Aptamil, and I never had any problems with her refusing either. Good luck!

geomum is offline Registered User
    Just checked up on this in Gina Ford's book on weaning. A 9- 12 month old needs 600ml of milk/ day inclusive of the food used in cereals. Majority of babies will have 2- 3 milk feeds a day at 1 year of age and need a minimum of 350ml of milk each day, inclusive of milk used in cereal.

Thanks for the advice! I tried Aptamil with our son and he seems to like it - at least enough to drink the 1-oz that we spoon-fed him, mashed in banana. After the failure with Nan-Ha and Meiji, I thought I would play it safe and instead of offering it in a bottle, we gave the milk mashed with fruit so that it was like a new food, instead of breastmilk replacement. Not sure if it's the method or the milk, but either way, it seems to work.

I plan to increase the milk amount, but will continue to offer it with fruit (banana, papaya) so that it will be like a meal instead of a bottle to him.

It's a great relief as I still plan to breastfeed him whenever I'm home (mornings and evenings) but this way, I may not need to pump as often at work.

Thanks ever so much everyone!

Just an update. We seem to have hit a snag with Aptamil. Our baby may be allergic to it. A short while after ingesting a small amt (1 oz or so), he starts to scratch at his face as if it's itchy.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I stop giving him Aptamil? Or is this something temporary that he might adjust to?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12