flying while pregnant
- 11-03-2008, 10:19 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Hung Hom
Been flying pretty much every 3 to 4 weeks for work since I got preggies, the first time, on the 9th week, i spotted as I was pushing the cart from the airport to the taxi stand. But was really tired that trip.
After that been careful and checked with Dr who monitors to see how the baby's heartbeat has been and if everything is ok, and since then, I have flown from Hk to KL, Singapore ( twice), Tokyo and China. So far, 6 months and plan to fly 3 times more before delivery. Fingers cross.
- 11-04-2008, 02:01 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- Chai Wan
Don't laugh, but my doctor made me wrap myself in aluminium foil!!! Lol.
According to him, the radiations are much more important when you're so high up so he was concerned I would radiate my twins (I was 6 weeks pregnant). His miracle solutions were to sit in the middle of the plane, as far as possible from the windows, and to keep a thick layer of aluminim foil on my belly. I look completely ridiculous :-), but didn't want to take any chances.
I think all the other ladies are right, just sit where you can get up as quickly and frequently as you want. Other than that, you should be fine.
- By miaka in forum Everything ElseReplies: 13Last Post: 08-26-2008, 05:22 PM
- By louisouis in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 7Last Post: 07-21-2008, 07:37 AM
- By pattersl in forum Baby TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 11-25-2006, 06:38 AM
- By sunnysideup in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 02-21-2006, 10:13 AM
- By kayla in forum Baby TalkReplies: 6Last Post: 02-07-2005, 10:27 PM