Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

flying while pregnant

jujo is offline Registered User

flying while pregnant

Are there any concerns about flying during the very early days of pregnancy? I always found starting and landing in small planes especially uncomfortable. How about the baby? Does it care at all? Thanks for any information!

MLBW Guest

There are no problems with flying during most of your pregnancy--including the early stages. That baby is burrowed deep inside your body--under a lot of skin, muscle, bone, fat (not saying you're fat--just the natural occurring kind in our bodies), tissue as well as within the placenta which is full of cushioning amniotic fluid. The only thing that you should possibly be concerned about at this stage in your pregnancy is access to the bathroom and whether or not YOU will be comfortable. That baby is so comfortable you can't even imagine! :0)

megan2008 is offline Registered User

I flew at both 12 weeks and 23 weeks on a 14 hour flight and didn't notice much of a difference between the stages. The only thing that was uncomfortable at 12 weeks was that my clothes were starting to get tight. Hope that helps.

joshsmum is offline Registered User

I flew 3 times during my pregnancy - twice to Australia and once to Japan. Had no problems, but on all occassions I mentioned it to my doctor before I left to ensure everything was ok with me at the time to fly (eg. blood pressure normal, normal pregnancy - no complications or conditions).

It is generally ok to fly during pregnancy, but I would suggest mentioning it to your doctor before hand if you can so you know it is ok for you specifically.

Belinda

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

I flew short haul for 3 hours while just over 3 months pregnant but found my morning sickness got worse and spent most of the flight in the toilet. I would recommend an aisle seat so you can quickly get up when you need to.

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

Hi

I flew from 21 hour Toronto to Bangkok when I was about 6 weeks pregnant. (2 transit in between)

I flew again for 15 hours from Toronto to Hong Kong when I was 26 weeks pregnant.

Both time I feel alright but do remember to dress comfortably.

The best option for you is still to asked your doctor whats best for you.

Hope this help.

LeahH is offline Registered User

Worked out recently that bub went to 8 different countries in the womb - short and long haul. There was no problem, just as everyone above says - an aisle seat so you have access to the toilet easily. Flight staff were always lovely with extra cushions and ensuring I was comfortable. The only issue towards the end was that even with a note from my doc, some airlines made me see their doctor in the airport (quite ridiculous really, two just asked if I was having contractions!)

jujo is offline Registered User

Thanks a lot for the helpful answers!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast