Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Peg Perego Skate vs. Bugaboo Chameleon

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Peg Perego Skate vs. Bugaboo Chameleon

Anybody have the Peg Perego Skate stroller? I just wanted to get people's thoughts on it. Especially when compared to the Bugaboo Chameleon. Thanks!

Kat76 is offline Registered User
    My advice is don't get either! Get a Maclaren for Hong kong

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    Hello FutureHKmom
    i did look at both for months and months. I am italian so i really loved the look of the Skate and at oceanterminal they are making sales on certain colours.
    Unfortunatey I think that even if it is a great stroller it is far too heavy and big for Hong Kong and you end up not using all the features it offers.

The Cameleon is nice too but it folds in 2 pieces and yet again this might be a big problem here.
    Probably if you want to stick with the Bugaboo, I would suggest to look at the BEE instead.

Personally we didn't like the look of the BEE and since both the Skate and the Cameleon have such cons we ended up buying an ORBIT that we love it.
    It is same price range and quality of the 2 mentioned by you.

Deciding wich pram to get has been hard for us (specially since they do not come cheap and I wanted the baby to be safe and comfy) so good luck!!!

Thanks for your advice Tigerlily. Actually, my husband has also been looking into the Orbit recently, but we haven't been able to find it in stores in HK. Did you buy it in Hong Kong? What do you like about it? Thanks again!

Tigerlily is offline Registered User
    Hiya,
    we got our travel system (car seat and frame) from Singapore but Mother in Hong Kong sells them.
    Usually they do not desplay so you have to ask for it. We ordered the toddler seat from the one in Ocean Terminal and it should take 4 weeks to arrive and it was cheaper than in Singapore.
    So far I like everything about it but we only tested with friends babies since our is about to arrive now. This is my first baby and I always wanted a funky pram (don't ask me why :o)
    It is same weight as the cameleon but it does fold in one piece and with one hand (you only have to twist the bar) when you are using the toddler seat.
    The car seat already comes with the base (we are not going to make any use of it since we do not have a car) but you can use it without is in the taxi. It is so comfy and with planty of room for the little one.
    You can push it with one hand and it is very manuvrable.
    What else.....ah one negative is that once folded it does not stand on it's own (neither does the cameleon tho) and we haven't seen properly the toddler seat yet!
    Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more details

Tibi x

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User
    Kat76 - why do you recommend a Maclaren? I do wonder why so many parents are pushing maclarens around HK and assumed that it is because it is readily for sale here...

Kat76 is offline Registered User
    I've currently got a Luna from Mamas and Papas in the uk. I find it bulky heavy and certainly not practicle for HK. I'm getting a super lightweight Maclaren as soon as my daughter is 6 months!

Thanks for all the info Tigerlily. Sent you a PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast