Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need help- i'm from Sanya and need to ifnd doctor/hospital in HKG

ciji012 is offline Registered User

need help- i'm from Sanya and need to ifnd doctor/hospital in HKG

Hi, I'm 5 months pregnant with a baby girl :) and just arrived here in Sanya. We're planning to finish off my doctor's visits and delivery in HKG. I am thinking of seeing Dr. Robert Stevenson and then giving birth in Matilda Hospital as they are my insurance's approved providers.

How far is the hospital from the airport? And how do I approach the doctors? I will be using my BlueCross BlueShield insurance from the US. Does anyone have had the same experience as mine?

I'm planning to fly back and forth HKG once a month for the check-ups and then stay there during my last month to wait for the delivery. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much, I look forward to any help i could get. :)

chrissy2 is offline Registered User

Matilda, is one of the best private hospitals......but I must say that it is way too far from the airport. I actually live by the airport and i wanted to use that hospital but I was told that it was too far from me. Also you need to register at the private hospital of your choice, and you may not be able to get in to your first choice hospital because you are already 5 months pregnant. Im not 100% sure, but my doctor told me that I had to pick and sign up at the private hospital at 8 weeks pregnant, to enusre that I wasent on a waiting list. So you need to get moving on this. Also to approch doctors, just call the one of your choice and make the appointment. I hope I have helped you take care and good luck!

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User

cijio12, congrats on your baby girl. you must do things quickly.

I didn't realize the hospitals would be a problem since I didn't encounter this with my first baby in 2006. I am now living in Shanghai, but plan to give birth in HK in Feb '09 the only problem is that I am on Matilda's waitlist. I've been on it since I was 18 weeks. I called Matilda yesterday and they said that I might not be able to know if I'm off the waitlist until 1 month before the birth. My doctor in Central said it would be easier to get a bed in Matilda than in Adventist. So...I must wait.

Last edited by SyL; 11-04-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: wrong year

ciji012 is offline Registered User

thanks so much! any info is quite precious to me. How about Canossa Hospital? Is that very far from the airport too? what happens if I don't get into the waitlist of the hospital? does that mean i can't give birth in HKG?

Ying Ho is offline Registered User

You might want to give Matilda a call, they have a list of Doctors who deliver there.

I am also about 5mth and booked about 2 months back, you can try contact Dr Patrick Chan at 2522 2500 or Dr Alex Doo at 2523 3007 and I made my booking through them for the Hospital. Good luck.

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User

ciji012: I asked Mathilda what would happen if I can't get confirmed and they weren't able to answer that question. I specifically contacted my doctor, Dr. Lord, because she delivers there (she's supposed to be good, too).

Ying: Are you confirmed for Mathilda? Like you, I am 5 months and booked about 2 months ago through the clinic.

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

Hi Cijio12

Just like you I only came back from canada when I was 27 weeks, but my ob Dr Edmond Hon in Central managed to get me a place at the Matilda for a c-section.

I am having my c-section next week on the 12 Nov 2008. If you are with a ob that delivers exclusively at the Matilda it should not be a problem.

chrissy2 is offline Registered User

Canossa Hospital is also far from the airport it is on the Hong Kong island side like Matilda. A good 45-50 min drive if not more depending on traffic for both hospitals. If you need to be close to the airport the two that are the closet would be St Teresa's Hospital and The Hong Kong Baptist Hospital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast