KCIS or IMS
- 11-04-2008, 11:50 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
KCIS or IMS
I'm starting to consider where to send my son for kindy and after having read some previous posts here, I am even more confused. My 21-mth son is currently in a montessori program which he absolutely loves. My consideration of moving him in a year's time is only because I want to increase his Mandarin exposure; hence considering KCS and IMS. His mother tongue is english. I would much appreciate comments from moms with kids attending these schools :-
- KCS (local) - I have no doubt my son will be immersed in mandarin as it is their main teaching language. My concern is will it be difficult for a non-mandarin speaking 3-yr old to cope at the beginning? What languages do the kids speak amongst themselves? Will he be missing out on "social" aspects in a new language environment?
More importantly, is KCS' teaching style "local" as it may be confusing for my son coming from a montessori school?
- IMS - how much of their teaching is done in mandarin? how is it actually "taught" or is it just the case that there are 2 teachers, 1 eng speaking and the other one mandarin speaking within the classroom?
Really appreciate your time & comments and pls do PM if necessary. Thank you! :)
- By Mamamia 1 in forum EducationReplies: 13Last Post: 08-26-2012, 03:48 PM
- By Wongdym in forum EducationReplies: 5Last Post: 04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
- By carmenwong in forum EducationReplies: 10Last Post: 01-24-2010, 04:13 PM
- By Mamamia 1 in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 12-18-2009, 03:18 AM
- By jmonkeypuppy in forum EducationReplies: 4Last Post: 01-19-2006, 06:11 PM