Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Waiting list at Matilda

staceycolyer is offline Registered User

Waiting list at Matilda

Some advice please!!! I remember seeing a thread about this some time ago, but can't seem to find it.
    I am 9.5 weeks pregnant, and have been placed on the waiting list at the Matilda. Was wondering if anyone has had experience with this. If you are on the waiting list, do you normally get a bed at a later stage? Am I basically waiting for someone to give up their bed? Do I need to find another hospital?
    I should also note that my doctor delivers exclusively and the Matilda...does this help?
    Look forward to hearing your experiences, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by staceycolyer; 11-05-2008 at 12:56 PM.

rebekah is offline Registered User
    From what I have heard, having a doctor who delivers exclusively there certainly ups your chances. For what it's worth, I have two friends who were waitlisted and ended up delivering there and none who were waitlisted and didn't later get in.

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    Hi

It should be ok. I mean if your ob deliver exclusively at the matilda it should be almost firm that you get a place.

I make a booking for my c-section at the Matilda only when I am 28 weeks and I got it confirmed almost instantly. I am due for my c-section next week. So i am quite sure with your case it should be ok.

joshsmum is offline Registered User
    I think if your doctor delivers exclusively at Matilda you have a very good chance. Who is your ob??

Belinda

It's Sally Ferguson. Apparently she always gets her patients a bed, but it sometimes takes a while to get confirmation.
    Am holding thumbs!

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    i was waitlisted at 7 or 8 weeks pregnant and finally got a confirmed bed at about 36 weeks. my dr only delivered at matilda and seemed fairly confident from the beginning that it shouldn't be a problem. we had no real plan B as at that time he had always managed to get a bed for every patient.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    We got confirmation a day or two before delivery! But my obs was never worried so I took it more or less in stride. My husband panicked a bit more and considered flying me home to Australia so I could get into a hospital of our choosing there.

Our alternate plan was to go to the Adventist. My Obs delivers only at the Matilda but he'd managed to get them to agree that in the case of me not getting a bed at the Matilda he'd be able to take me there.

At this early stage in your pregnancy I really wouldn't worry. Lots of people end up being relocated sometime during their pregnancy and others lose babies or choose to go elsewhere so you should be fine. I've never heard of anyone not getting a bed when using what are essentially resident obstetricians.

Wow, when they said confirmation could take a while, I thought they meant in a few weeks, not as late as 36 weeks or a few days before delivery!!!! Thanks for the info ladies, I will take your advice, be strong and patient and put all my faith in my ob that she will get me a bed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast