Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

no more rolling over

pangmei is offline Registered User

no more rolling over

Hi all,

Bubs is now 6.5 months and first rolled over when he was around 4 months. He did it a couple of times, but once he mastered it, he's not shown any interest in rolling since. Should I be concerned? It seems that most of my friends babies around this age love rolling around. Has anyone else had this experience with their babies?

Thanks,

Grace

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Dear Pangmei
    Sounds like I had exactly the same experience. My daughter rolled a couple of times in the one day at around 5 months, but then showed no signs of doing again. I began to wonder the same thing. But then at 7 months, she rolled again, and hasn't stopped since. We are now at 10 months, and she is only beginning to show signs of crawling (or should I say dragging), when some of her little friends are beginning to stand and even take some steps at the same age. I am not worried, and feel she will do things in her own time.
    Try not to worry, as your bubs will do these milestones in his own time. However if you are concerned, go and see someone to get checked. I did, and they gave me comfort. Good luck!

pangmei is offline Registered User
    Thanks aussiemum. I did ask the paediatrican about it at his last check up, and he assured me that all was fine, but it's always nice to hear about other mum's experiences.

mel_g20 is offline Registered User
    Hi Pangmei,

My son was exactly the same as Aussiemums daughter. I was really worried at the time, but I realise now that it was simply because he was content where he was, and didnt see the need to roll, or crawl as fast as his friends. He soon caught up though.

I realised when I had my daughter that life was a whole lot easier with him taking his time. She did everything early and was walking unaided by 10 months. What a nightmare! It was really hard to keep track of her, and she has no sense of danger.

Enjoy the time when you can leave him in one spot and you know he will be there when you get back. Good luck.