Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Let's Compare the Cost of Vaccinations!

snagito is offline Registered User

Let's Compare the Cost of Vaccinations!

Hello everyone!

While I do know that some vaccinations are provided free of charge by government clinics, I am still a bit surprised at the huge variation in prices charged by different places in Hong Kong for vaccinations so I thought it would be interesting to start a thread that gives the prices paid at different locations.

For example today at Matilda for my 4 month old baby we paid:

Rotarix oral vaccine: HK $ 1,148
    Prevenar: HK $1,148
    Infanrix 5 in 1 (DTaP, IPV & HIB vaccine) $964

[there is also a surcharge of $70 per needle, so in our case $140 and then one needs to see a paediatrician to have the shots so $750]

I would be really interested in hearing about the costs at other places if people don't mind sharing the information.

snagito is offline Registered User

Follow up

I notice that although there have been no replies to this thread, it has been viewed quite a lot so I thought I would update this morning as I called our regular family doctor at Central Health practice and found out that the costs are as follows:

Rotarix: 910
    Prevenar: 700
    Infarix 5 in 1: 830

Total of: $2440 as compared to Matilda's $3260. I find this a huge mark up for the exact same vaccines so am posting in case anyone else finds this helpful. Silly me, I shall certainly not be getting the rest of the vaccinations done up there

LittleMi is offline Registered User
    My baby had all her vaccinations at a government clinic so I cannot comment on the cost of the basic vaccines.

However she just had the chickenpox injection and we paid $620. I also rang about 6 different practices beforehand and it ranged from $400 - $650 for the same vaccine. The practices I called was all in the Tseung Kwan O / Hang Hau area ( Kowloon ) so I can imagine that these prices are slightly less compared with what they charge in Central, for example.

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User
    Hi, I stay in TKO too, please PM or let me know which is the cheaper doc for vaccines?
    My bb had her Rotarix 1st dose for 550. ( The clinic in Park Central) The 2nd dose will also the same. So total is 1100.
    Thanks!

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    I normally go to South Bay Family Practice. They charge $575 for Hep A and I paid $350 at Quality Health Care at Stanley Plaza. They charged $250 for flu shots and $100 fees (kids only) since they got 2 shots.