Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can you recommend an OBGYN in HK?

babymoo is offline Registered User

thanks

thanks kahma!! for yr infor

Kat76 is offline Registered User

I saw Grace Cheung from Lucy Lords practice. I found her kind and reasuring for a paranoid first time mum! During my long and somewhat difficult delivery Lucy also attended and was very encouraging along with Grace.

Bubbly is offline Registered User

You can also try Cora Ngai (Joe Chan's wife). I love her and she shares her husband's clinic.

AndreaY is offline Registered User

Dr. Joe Chan delivered my 2nd daughter Sep 2007, and he was great throughout the pregnancy to birth, very patient and detailed. Most of all, he was very quick to the hospital and at 5am too. Another thing, dunno whether it's his "workmanship" or just chance, but recovery from my stitches (natural birth) was so much quicker and much less painful than with my first baby.

AussieMum is offline Registered User

I know that Lucy Lord has a reputation for being direct and straight to the point, and that there are no 'warm and fuzzies' with her, but she also has a fantastic reputation for being one of the best in the business. For this reason (and upon recommendation from many who's babies she has delivered) I have decided to see her for my second. I had my first appointment with her last week, and sensed straight away she knows what she is doing. I walked away feeling grateful with my decision. However, if you have discounted not using Lucy, then my second choice was Alexander Doo. Althought I have not met him, after an imense amount of research he also came highly recommended from those who had experience first hand. Aparently he does have a great bedside manner, is patient and is very good on the 'big' day. Good luck in your decision, this is my second, but first in HK and I am also only 5 weeks, so you really need to go with someone you feel comfortable with and trust have the experience and knowledge. All the best for your pregnancy and birth!

HappyV is offline Registered User

There are any number of OBs in HK who can give you the warm fuzzies, if that's what you want. If you want someone 100% reliable, commited, knowledgable and professional, Lucy Lord is the way to go.
    A pap smear IS quick. Why do you need a doctor to comment on your family? (??)
    I'm with Lucy for my 2nd pregnancy, as I was for my first. I'm doing shared care with QMH - Dr Lord has been both understanding of our medical, personal and financial boundaries, and has supported two very difficuly, complicated pregnancies with the best quality of care I could hope for.

tstmum is offline Registered User

AussieMum and HappyV, I agree with your assessments entirely.

NYCMel, I've sent you a PM. Sorry it's taken a while to respond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12