Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Supply dropped after started work??

noc
    noc is offline Registered User

I agree that you probably need to fit in another session between 11 am and 4 pm to keep up your supply. Can you go home to feed or have someone bring your baby to you? That will make it much easier to maintain supply. You can also try Mother's Milk Tea, which helped me alot.

And pumping both sides is easier to get more milk, though pumping is still not as effective for emptying the breast as feeding. You can put her on your breasts after pumping and she should be able to extract enough, or if not, she can help to increase your supply.

How many ounces of milk does your baby take when you are away? I read that breast fed babies only need about 25 ounces per day. If you are already pumping 5-6 times, you don't need to get that much milk per session.

I remember those early days when I went back to work, always worrying about pumping and supply... don't worry, these days will soon pass (too quickly maybe), and your baby will be on solid foods, etc.

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

thanks Noc, I can't go to baby as I worked in Central and live in NT.
    about amounts she is taking, she drinks 3.5-4oz per time for about 5X while I am away. I BF her at night twice, so my guess is she is drinking 23-25oz in total?
    Anyway did I add while I pumped each time I can only get 4.5oz total meaning I only get 9oz for pumping twice.
    ( whereas I used to get 4-5oz just from one left side!)
    Also my left side seems to always produce much more than right even though I usually let baby feed on right side ( This is beacuse when she drinks from left, there is a huge letdown and she usually chokes quite a bit.)
    I will perserve with pumping and BF and hope this will all smooth out eventually, thanks!

rebekah is offline Registered User

do you think... maybe you could try feeding her when you get home on the side you "saved" and pump the other side at the same time?

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

today is a good start! I pumped 4X - each session 20mins only and I am now going home with 16oz which is twice I got from yesterday 2X session each 1hr long!

rebekah is offline Registered User

fantastic! glad to hear!

reei is offline Registered User

this might be related to pumping at work..

anyone know where i can get fenugreek tablets in hk?

reei is offline Registered User

i am very discourage when it comes to pumping at work. managed to get only 1 1/2 oz at 8am today. and 2 1/2 oz during lunch time.:(

Lav
    Lav is offline Registered User

I just bought fenugreek for nursing mothers(thats what the bottle says) from Mrs. Chee (the lactation consultant). Let me know if you want her contact details.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast