Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

When to move from Enfamil A+ 1 to Enfamil 2

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

When to move from Enfamil A+ 1 to Enfamil 2

hi there

i am wondering at which month/weight do you move from Enfamil A+ 1 for newborns to Enfamil 2?

i have tried to navigate the web so any information would be gratefully received.

many thanks.

kind regards,

Trace

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Enfamil A+1 is upto 6 months, and Enfapro A+ 2 is from 6 months to 12 months old. Basically, your baby should be fine from 6 months, but would recommend graduating the formula. You can do this one of two ways. Firstly, if for example you provide 5 bottles of formula to your baby a day, you can do 1 of the new formula and 4 of the old the first day, then 2 and 3 the second day, 3 and 2 the next and so on, just so bubs gets used to new one. If your baby is like mine and won't easily transfer to a new forumla, then as she would have 7 scoops of her formula in a bottle, I would do 1 of the new and 6 of the old the first day, 2 and 5 the next and so on, so eventually by the 7th day she was having 7 scoops of the new one.
    I do think every child is different though (weights, needs etc) so if you are heading to the Pead any time soon, good idea to check with them. Good luck!

clowe77 is offline Registered User
    I'd be curious to hear people's thoughts on this too. I've heard that the different stages are just pure marketing and that an baby is perfectly fine to have Enfamil 1 up til she is a year old when she can switch to cow's milk, that most babies do not need the "transition" stages to help them "adjust" to taking cow's milk... My baby is 7mo and still on stage 1. Does anyone know what the difference really is in terms of ingredients?

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    yup, our paed told us that it's fine to feed baby Stage 1 until 1 and did do that for both ours, actually fed them both a little past 1.

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned
    thanks very much for this... i bought Enfamil A+1 as well as the enfamil A+ with the number 2 on it. It will be delivered Monday from ParknShop so when I get to read the back I will let you know. I think I will stick to A+1 like all of you have suggested until my next visit to the dr. thanks so much and i will be in touch soon. cheers,

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    I moved because it was cheaper!