Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone for the update on the food - always good to know. No morning sickness for me yet, but beginning to need a day nap here and there. Last time I was pregnant, the morning sickness kicked in around 8 weeks and lasted around 3. I wasn't physically sick, but felt pretty aweful. I kept a box of biscuits or some cut fruit & veg (celery/ carrot etc) with me and found if I didn't have something to eat at least every hour, I was going to be sick. I am hoping it is not any worse than this this time around!

zany500 is offline Registered User
    Hi babymo,

Morning sickness were very little and not everyday since week 5. I was pretty lucky, it wasn't bothering me at all. But since friday (week 7), it is becoming BIG and really enoying...

When I wake up I'm fine, it comes right during/after breakfast. I have a hard time to eat in the morning, I just have a kiwi + a banana + 1 yogurt, that's all I can eat.

Later, around 10:30/11:00, then it's really strong...Since yesturday I tried to eat some crackers at that time, and it helps a little.

At around 1pm, it's finished. I can have a normal lunch, with no problem. I even carve for junk food ! I'm dreaming of burger, pizza, fries,...things I rarely eat !!!!! yes I know it's very strange !

Some other food starts to bother me, and smells also ! As i said earlier, the smell of my shampoo make me
    Bad for me, my hair cut makes me have my hair close to my nose

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    All I've had so far is a little bit of nausea on and and off. Last Friday it got quite bad but I wasn't at the vomit stage. Since then I've had waves of it but nothing too serious. I just got back from the shops and I think travelling in the taxi made me a bit queasy.

zany, I'm also finding some smells are a bit off putting. I'm refraining from going to the Wellcome supermarket on Caine Road (anyone been there?). They cook meat in there and I couldn't even stand the smell when I wasn't preggers, so probably safe to avoid it for now.

I just bought myself some pregnancy magazines! I was a bit worried that I might jinx myself but thought what the heck! I bumped into a friend while browsing in the magazine section but luckily she didn't take note of what I was looking at. Haha.

babymo is offline Registered User

morning sickness?

hi ya guys
    tks for the feedback!

i did hear morning sickness is not just a morning thing!
    it can be a whole day! i m dreading it if and when it happens!

I feel v hungry alot of the time.. esp during lunch/dinner .. like i cant really wait too long or i feel starved!! i just had some rice, soup and fruits for lunch! now i am v stuffed!

pinkballerina.. ahahh glad yr friend didnt see u read it? did u tell anyone else u are expecting? i just told my close famly and my best friend but ohhh i am dying to share with my other friends!! but i promised hubbie to wait till week 12! which is the week of chinese new year!!

i just bought a pregancy book too... an other to add to my collection! and i was afraid my colleages see me buying it too!

zany.. also i found some smells really irrating and unbearable.. my colleage.. female .. wears this v strong perfume and for soem reason... this week it was just too much and too strong! so yesterday i took the courage to tell her............ sorrie can u pls wear less of it.. its v v strong! she told me it was Gucci perfume and she was good..she started to wear less.! thank god! it was giving me a runny itchy nose for 2 hrs every morning! i thought she was going to be so angry!

have a great lunch u guys!
    EAT LOTS!! :yeah2

anyone know.. if its ok for us to eat " fridged /cold fruits?"

h

hi zany

i hope u are ok. w yr morning sickness! sounds like it hits u bad in early mornings!! poor u!!

hopefully by afternoon u can have yr JUNK food! pizzas , burgers etc? did u have any??

h

zany500 is offline Registered User
    Thanks guys for the support :-)

Good example of morning sickness not only in the morning...I just had lunch...four cheese pasta...I had a hard time to finish my plate and I still feel

Babymo, for the fruit, I never heard about not beeing allowed to eat " fridged /cold fruits". Rinse your fruits before eating them. Otherwise, I don't see why you should not eat them.

Good story about your colleague's perfume !

pinkballerina, I understand what you're talking about for the Welcome on Caine road better avoid this kind of places ! Do you live close by ? I live on stauton street !

I understand you didn't tell that many people ?! My husband and I couldn't keep this news secret...almost everybody around us know :yeah2

If you;re looking for some books, I found a good one at Dymoks : "Pregnancy Bible", a lot of good information about your body, your baby, the evolution of pregancy, the delivery etc. It answered a lot of questions.

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    zany, I live on Robinson Road so not far from where you are.

I just went and saw an acupuncturist and she's also put me on chinese herbs to help treat my cramping, and other physical ailments (both preg and non preg related). She said I shouldn't be eating "cold" foods and therefore I should be eating fruit and veg cooked rather than raw. I'm fine with a vege stirfry but I'm not sure I can boil up fruit...yuck! I have to see her once a week until I'm 12 weeks and hopefully the treatments should support my body enough to help prevent miscarriage.

At this point, I'm willing to try anything that will help give me the best chance. I feel so stressed today because my cramps have been quite noticeable. Anyone else having the same issues?

h ihi

hi pink balleria
    my hubbie also told me not to eat cold stuff, icecream or cold drinks, that why he said no cold fruits too! i think its a chinese believe.. they are not good for the body!

u have cramps? like period ones?? i dont have that yet... so i cant advise sorrie!! i hope u are ok. maybe have a bath later too. and relax! ...

xoxo see u all tomor..

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast