Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Hi Lizabeth - don't get too excited. My boobs are smaller now than before my first pregnancy. Maybe that is a good reason for being pregnant a second time, just to get some boobs back (hehehe). Don't forget to send me a PM with your email so that I can forward you our get together details for next Tuesday (and any other newies for that matter) and any further emails.
    Pinkballerina - I got your email, thanks heaps, we are almost there with completion of everyones details, just a couple more to go. We'll get there. And as for walking around with your pants undone - every time I walk in my front door, I take my pants off and walk around in a baggy t-shirt and undies. I so hate pants at the moment and anything around my waist. I guess I am going to have to break this habit though once we get a helper! I just thought you all needed to know my socially unacceptable behaviour!

pinkballerina is offline Registered User

Haha. Crack me up about not wearing any pants. Tracksuit pants have become my new favourite attire. Love a drawstring waist! I'm thinking it won't be long until the drawsting won't be comfy either and I may have to resort tops only as well.

How are you going with your helper hunt Kath?? Did you end up hiring the one you interviewed the other week that was working for the family who are leaving HK or was she snapped up before your hubby got to meet her?

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Nope - we were lucky and got her! So happy, I have met her a few times and she is lovely, seems to get along well with Em, and Em liked her. I think she will fit in well, but time will tell. We have another month or two before she starts. Will be an adjustment for us though, having someone else in the apartment, but I know it is for the better, am beginning to need some help. It is not so much that I have morning sickness, I just can't be bothered, mainly because a little tired. Am spending a lot of time on the floor with Em.

snowbird is offline Registered User

Hi Ladies,

WOW - didn't have time to check yesterday and so many posts already!

Thanks for all the warm welcome and really looking forward to meet all of you. AussieMum, will PM you after this

This is my second pregnancy, no morning sickness (same as the first) except my sense of smell - its disgusting when you can smell everything with 3 times the strength! and I can't eat too much at one sitting if not I feel sick (talk about jelly belly - wait till you see mine!!) but for those going through this second time, you'll remember the fatigue just goes away and its less tiring.

For comfort bras - try Mothercare and Marks & Spencer - and try not to wear any underwire (read somewhere it's not good as your ducts are preparing for the milk, something like that)

I had my scan on Tuesday and it was the 12 week mark - it was priceless to see the baby's heartbeat, moving its arms and legs, doing somersaults, poking the walls as the doctor was moving the ultrasound thing around - so fun! Got a wonderful photo of the side view with a very cute nose!

I've lost 2 kilos due to the move here and manic house-hunting so doc has asked to slow down and eat more - not to gain weight but to keep up the nutrients to the baby. Hmm..... more jelly belly

Look forward to meet all of you soon!
    Cheers
    Gwen

babymo is offline Registered User

scan day!!

hello morning all!!

happy fridays! really looking forward to my first scan today!! will keep u all informed! aussie mum hope yrs goes well !

hi snowbird.. tks i will check out mark and spenseers and mothercare! do we just buy normal bras for now or actually special ones for pregnant women? is it too early .. i am only 6.5 weeks?

i plan to hire a helper too but havent started looking yet! i am thiking of looking when i pass the 12 week mark!

hapa808 is offline Registered User

Morning Ladies!

I know what you mean about the sense of smell- walking down the street and passing restaurants is even hard. I am even tempted to buy one of those ugly masks! My poor husband is also suffering- I make him take 2 showers a day!!

Pinkballerina- we do sell in HK- we have a showroom here and some retail shops who carry our products. Let me know if there is anything you want!

Good luck on the scans, keep us posted!!

zany500 is offline Registered User

Happy to hear I'm not the only one with the top button undone ! I didn't want to go that quickly but couldn't bear to be that packed in my clothes...and couldn't show up at the office not waering pants

I run to H&M and found 2 black pants in the mumy area, it is really worth it, I feel so much better !

Lizabeth, I know what you're talking about, I have quite a small breast too...but right now I'm getting compressed in my French 85B (sorry, I still don't get the size here) !!! I tought it would never happen to me ! hubby's happy !

Babymo and Aussiemum, good luck for your scans today...

Jeanne

MisB is offline Registered User

Catching up on yesterday's posts

Wow! I had a lot to read so hope I don't forget anything!!!
    Pinkballerina---I am so happy to hear that!! Sounds like my husband and I. The Dr always teases my husband that she doesn't see a twin. Nearly brings him to his knees!!

BabyMo-yes, for registering at QM - bring your ID card, husband needs his, too. Proof of address ( I actually forgot this!) Proof of pregnancy (uhm, yes, I giggled when they said that!!) I think that it is it.

As for not fitting in my clothes - I put on a pair of black pants (trousers not panties!!!) yesterday and they are a little snug. I have actually lost weight??? Dr. told me I am not eating enough. Bizarre. My boobs are definately growing - don't need new bras yet. WIll very very soon! I am SCARED TO DEATH when the milk keeps coming. I am already big on top! Yikes.

As for exercising - I haven't stopped. I am at Pure Yoga and Fitness in Central!! Lets get together for the classes in January. I have cut down on the weights and intensity where needed. Dr. gave me the Ok to keep going with it becasue I was previously very active!

Yesterday was a major fat day and so is today. Ughhh. Haven't been sleeping very well so the grogginess doesn't help!

We are telling our parents about the news next week. I already told my Mom. I thought my husband was going to kill me but I had to!!

Hope it is a great day! Chat later!!!

~M.

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast