Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    When I went last Sat my Doc said mine was the right size. The embryo actually measured one day further along, so I was 5wks 6days instead of 5wks 5days.

Were you charting your cycles before you found out you were preggers? I was, so I knew exactly when I ovulated and how long my cycles were and therefore I was pretty confident about how far along I was but some people can have really long cycles and ovulate later and that can change the dates a lot. A friend of mine was originally told she was due at the beginning of July and found out recently that she's due around 10 days later than she thought she was. The Doc said that she must've had a very long cycle, so that goes to show the difference that can make.

Try not to stress too much, although I know it's very hard. I hope the week goes super fast for you.

xox

hapa808 is offline Registered User
    Babymo, hang in there and stay positive! It seems so common to be off with the dates, so try not to worry yet. Get plenty of rest this weekend!

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies - Babymo sorry to hear that it was a stressful event for you yesterday, but bear some hope that the girls are right in what they have said, dates and times can be so out of wack, especially in early days. My scan went fine yesterday, and Doctor advised me that I was further along than what was advised a fortnight ago. In that fortnight, the baby is now 3 weeks ahead and she has brought my due date forward by one week. Try and stay positive, try and relax, am thinking of you and hopefully the next week goes reasonably fast. xoxoxo

Erib32 is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies, I just stumbled on Geobaby website yesterday.. My husband I just moved to Hong Kong from New York three weeks ago, and I found out yesterday I am about 5 weeks pregnant! Since I just move here, I really don't know anyone or have anyone to talk about this stuff! I saw you all are due around a similar time... You mind if I just jump in your chat group? Any recommendations on doctors? hospitals?

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Dear Erib32, welcome to Hong Kong and congrats on the pregnancy. We have organised a lunch for next Tuesday and you are more than welcome to join us - it will be in central. If you are keen please feel free to PM me your email and I will email you through the info. Big decision to go through on Doctors and Hospitals and thankfully a few options. Personally, I am seeing Dr Lucy Lord (she is a UK doctor been here delivering for around 20 years), and hope to deliver at Matilda. This will be my second pregnancy, but first in HK. I have an 11 month old little girl, Emma. We all seem to be seeing different people and planning to go to different hospitals, so if you can make lunch probably a good opportunity to chat about it all then. Hope you are well and everything going smooth so far.

sndezwarte is offline Banned
    Great news Pinkballerina, it's amazing to see and hear a tiny heartbeat! Aussiemum how did your scan go, all good? I am having my 7 week scan on Tuesday morning so I can (fingers crossed) share my excitement when we meet for lunch! Good luck to all...

zany500 is offline Registered User
    Kathrine, good to hear everything went fine ! we are really getting closer now...our EDD, is a few days appart !

Welcome Erib32 and congrats ! will not be here on tuesday will meet you next time. I'm also with Dr Lord, and hope to deliver at Mathilda.

Have a good week end grils !

Lizabeth is offline Registered User
    Hi, Erib32!

Welcome! I am from the States too. I am from Atlanta, GA! We moved here about 2 years ago.
    i am about 6 weeks now and I do have a 3 year old boy, but this is my first baby in HK. I see Dr. Grace Cheung. She is in the same office as Dr. Lucy Lord. She is very friendly and took the time to chat with me about everything. I too am planning on delivering at Matilda hospital. But it is a private hospital so it will be quite expensive. I am checking with our insurance to see how much they cover and if it is not enough, I will probably deliver at Queen Mary. It is a public hospital and therefore cheaper!

Congrats!

Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast