Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

angeilin is offline Registered User
    Great news Babymo, happy for you that all is well!

Wishing all a Merry Christmas and Happy holidays!

babymo is offline Registered User

Unhappy

morning everyone!

so close to xmas!! are u all ready?

i been getting v bad headaches... suddenly v sore and sometimes dizzy.. is anyone else getting that. and i am only around 6 weeks??

my next scan is in 1.5 weeks! the doc said then mabye can pin point a due date!

have started to lose my appeite too!

cold?

also guys.. i have caught a cold! sigh!
    keep having runny nose......... and stuffed nose

anyone know if anything can help ? that we can do or take??

tks.....

h xx

snowbird is offline Registered User
    hi babymo

very happy to hear the scan went well - i was down with very bad cold at about 8 weeks and had to go on antibiotics as it was some kind of strain called microplasma.

i didn't know what i can and cannot take since i didn't get sick during my first pregnancy but my OB says paracetamol is fine - and thats about it! best cure (for me at least - take it easy, lots of rest & fluid, keep washing your hands and if you can get Sterimar (sea water nasal spray - Watsons/Mannings would have them) and keep flushing out the runny/stuffed nose. I took Berocca (from Watsons/Mannings) and it helped as it has loads of vitamins.

Be thankful you don't have a toddler to run after and deal with!!!
    speedy recovery! xox

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Hi Babymo, headaches are a common side effect of pregnancy. Although I have only had the occasional mild one, I know plenty of people that do get them when pregnant. Regarding what you can take, I would avoid everything, with the exception of paracetamol (however sometimes they do say to even avoid this in the first three months). Best to call the Ob or their clinic to ask what you can or can't take.
    I am tending to get bad morning sickness on weekends (really weird). Definately nothing against my husband, but tends to be on Saturday and Sunday, and he has been great, basically being the full time parent when he is home with Emma. But Mon -Fri, I tend to have more energy, which works well as I can chase around after my Emma - maybe I am wearing myself out during the week and need weekend to recover. Hoping to avoid her sickness that she currently has (a mild cold), but so far so good.
    Hope everyone is well - besides morning sickness, sounds like everyone is progessing well! Merry Chrissy everyone and happy new year
    PS - went to Isola today (NICE!). Am looking forward to it at our next gathering. xoxox

thanks for the advice girls!

my doc did say take no tablets or pills if possible unless i am severely dying! and obviously i am not!

i am drinking a lot of warm water.. seems to be a bit better! planning to go home after work and have a nap!

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Dear babymo, if you are feeling a bit 'off' (nausea), I also find some Ginger Ale helps. Also one or two Pretzels (thanks to Mazza's advice) are great. I think at this stage, sleep, sleep and more sleep is the best medicine for a headache, but I would also ask husband to gentley rub your temples in a circular motion, this can often releive a thumping headache pain (a good 5 or 10 minutes can often fix). I hope this helps. A foot rub, warm soup and long warm shower doesn't go astray either. I hope you feel better. xoxox

hi aussie mum
    evening.. ah my apetite is not as good as befoe anymore! each time after dinner i feel a bit naseua! sigh!

planning to go to sleep soon! after a bit of tv!!
    hope u guys are well!

h

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast