Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    Hapa, I've heard that massage isn't recommended during pregnancy as it releases toxins in the body that can be harmful. I have no idea if it's true or not. I also find it frustrating because I've had a really sore back and neck lately and have been DYING for a massage. I am sure some places must do special pregnancy massages but I'm not sure where.

Erib32 is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies! I have had some trouble with my computer the last week or so and couldn't get on the forum.. My hubby figured it out though so I am back! Sounds like everyone has had some successful doctor visits which is great to hear! Last time I checked in, I was feeling no morning sickness or exhaustion.. I guess I spoke too soon b/c since Dec. 28th, I have had CONSTANT morning sickness all day long, every day.. Nothing actually comes up but I feel like I am permanently on a boat and seasick! Oh well.. it seems like most of you know what I am talking about and its normal! I had my 6 week, 4 day ultrasound on Dec.30th.. Dr. Lord said she could see a little heartbeat but I couldn't see it! So, back in two weeks., the 13th to see it again!
    Looking forward to meeting everyone next week!

snowbird is offline Registered User
    hapa,
    i had massages throughout my first pregnancy (from 12 weeks onwards) and had no problems...... from what I know, massages releases endorphins which is good for the body (and state of mind). i'm a certified massage therapist although not a practicing one and most massages are the same, except for pregnancy massages, there are areas to avoid, positions to consider and only limited aromatherapy oils allowed - so best to stick to plain natural oils

i'm new here so i won't know where to recommend but there's a thread somewhere in this forum about pre-natal massages - try a search or start a new thread asking about it, am sure you'll get some responses - good luck! another alternative is to look for TMC doctors (make sure they are fully certified ones) and they do good acupressure points which is good for sore backs! did that a lot when I was living in Beijing pregnant with my first.

beckyltc_113 is offline Registered User
    Hi all, do u believe in chinese doula?I would like to recommend my mother to all of u~ my mother is an experienced 'Pui Yuet' in HK, she got a doula skills certificate, a chinese herbal medicine for recovery certificate, a lymph drainage massage certificate, a baby massage certificate and cookery skills certificate. She had done 20-odd jobs already for doula, also got many letters of recommendation.If want to know more details about her, please PM me.
    * She can speak in Cantonese, Mandarin and the simply English

Thanks,
    Becky ;)

zany500 is offline Registered User
    Hello everybody !

Got my OSCAR test results...we are very low risk according to Dr Leung (something like 1/3000) !

Pre natal yoga at Pure Central yesturday was great, the teacher is really nice ! Going back on thursday and will keep going every week...it feels good ! I stop going because of morning sickness, I missed it ! For those who have back pain, we do some exercise to stretch the back, it's really nice.

Was nice meeting you Melissa !

WMB0709, my tummy really starts to get bigger...wearing leggings, pregnancy pants or large dresses since 3 weeks already ! It starts to grow a little form the top now, and starts spreading to my hips :-( but hopefully I didn't gain weight yet.

Enjoy your day !

MisB is offline Registered User

Massage

Hi! You can have massages once your 2nd trimester starts - not a good idea during the 1st. A few places that have been suggested are: The Penninsula Spa, Body Concious, and Paua Spa. Apparently Body Concious has a very comfortable pregnancy chair/table for the massages.

Could use a massage myself and a facial would be nice, too. My skin is looking a little lackluster and dry since the holidays.

~M.

hapa808 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the massage tips, I am going to check them all out. I am desperate!!

Btw, my doc's office just called and I am not confirmed at Matilda either and she said I will most likely have to wait until June to get a space confirmed!! She told me not to worry as 99% of the time it is not a problem, but still hard not be slightly anxious. What a weird system!

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much for the massage tips Snowbird and MisB!! Very helpful info and I'll be making a note of all of those places.

Zany & MisB, the yoga sounds fantastic. I can't wait to join you both after Chinese New Year. Will have to dust the cobwebs off my Pure membership card. Haha.

Hapa, I think the hospital booking situation is ridiculous! I am sure you'll be fine getting in though. I haven't heard of anyone who has been turned away and I've had quite a few friends deliver at the Matilda. The fact that the Doctors aren't worried about it is a good sign too.

Have a great night girls!

Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast