Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Hey girls, hope everyone is well. I know I said I would be up for an informal get togther today, but am feeling a little stuffed and not sure of my movements, so might be best to leave the catch up until our formal get together next week. Looking forward to seeing you all then!

zany500 is offline Registered User
    Hi there !

I couldn't bear anymore having no explaination about what Dr Leung said : "baby has his cord around the neck, but it's rare that baby dies from that during pregnancy"...and that's it !

I didn't realized on the moment, but since tuesday, this is the only thing I think about, and I'm quite anxious...the word "die" is not pleasant to hear and is going around in my head ! So I called Central Health today and Dr Lord's nurse told me not to worry and to get this out of my head...easy to say ! The baby moves a lot and should be able to take it away...and that Dr Leung should never have told me such thing !!!!

Just needed to share...

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Hi! Although it is probably easy for me to say, it is probably not a good idea to stress too much, not good for you or baby. I do understand though that you can't stop thinking about it, I would probably be doing exactly the same thing. Is there any check ups soon that will provide you some releif as to whether things have changed (did central health advise of anything)? Otherwise you may be stressing for another month or two until the next check up? I have my scan tomorrow with Dr Leung, is there anything you want me to ask?

zany500 is offline Registered User
    Thanks AussieMum :-) I'm seeing Dr Lord on monday at 12:30 (monthly check up). The nurse told me anyway there is nothing we can do, I'll have a scan at each visit as usual, and that I should get this out of my head...she sounded confident, and quite pissed off after Dr Leung !!! she told me he said quite "bad" things to many patient this week !
    I guess I should try not to think about it and be confident
    I just have to wait and hope the baby gets ride of it and hope he will not do a second loop around his neck !

Enjoy your scan tomorrow ! it's really a good one !

MisB is offline Registered User
    Oh, sorry to hear that his cmments have been on your mind. You are right - not very comforting. It is good that you have a doctor that you really feel comfortable with and can trust. Monday should put your mind at ease.

Sweet dreams.

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    Hi Zany,

Try not to worry too much, although I know it's hard. The babies move around so much, so I wouldn't be surprised if the cord has moved by the time you have your next scan on Monday. It's a shame the Doctor wasn't more considerate with his choice of words.

If you are really worrying a lot though, can you see Dr Lord before Monday? Just to put your mind at ease. As AussieMum said, it's very important for you and the baby that you don't stress too much.

Take care.
    xx

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    AussieMum, I forgot to say good luck for your scan today. Let us know how it goes!

Momma is offline Registered User

Hi everyone,

I'm due 27th June and hoping to meet up with you all soon. I work and live out in NT though, so timing is a bit tricky during the week. (WMB0709 I've sent you a PM). Good luck to everyone with scans coming up.

Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast