Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Hi Woodstock07 - they can get a pretty good idea of sex, but depends how the baby is sitting. The reason I was there for 2 hours was I firstly waited an hour, and then had a scan, but baby was sitting up (like driving a car) so they couldn't do the neural test (if that is how you spell it??). So, they made me walk around for half an hour, drain the bladder a million times, and then went back in around 40 minutes later. The second time, baby looked like he was lying down on his back. Aparently this is the best position to do the Neural test, but to also get an indication of genitals. We said it is not 100% (that is, he said don't go out and buy all blue just yet) but he is fairly certain. He said they are more definate around week 13 or 14+. I couldn't wait, had to know. Very excited though either way! Good luck with those having scans, WMB0709 & Indistar, we have a spreadsheet going with people details, so feel free to PM me your email address and I will forward everyone's details to you!

zany500 is offline Registered User

Just for fun

Hello girls...

Bored at the office...I tried for fun to read my last scan.

I'm quite sure I'm having a little girl, and looking on the net, I found a video of a conference in Geneva in sept 2008, about featus genitals. It explains quite clearly how to determine the sex of the baby with a 12-14 weeks scan (if the baby is lying down on the back and showing his genitals of course)

The first grey pictures are the explanation from the conference, and the 3 pics under are mine from the oscar test ! Obvious no ?

Just for fun of course...1 chance out of 2 to get it right :-)
    Anyway, gynob will confirm when time comes, boy or girl is fantastic anyway !
    Attached Images Attached Images

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    AussieMum, that's great news about your scan! You must be excited about the high chance of it being a boy too. One of each for you. How lovely!

IndiStar, sorry to hear about your rotten cold. I hope you are resting up and taking it easy.

Zany, those pics are amazing! Your little bundle looks very cute After comparing the pics, I think it does look more like a girl. It's amazing how much detail you can see. What website did you find the conference info on? I don't really want to find out the sex of our baby but maybe I might get curious down the track...

I just had coffee with a girlfriend who is 35 weeks prego and is seeing Lucy Lord. I was chatting to her about the hospital booking and how some of you haven't received confirmation from the Matilda yet. She told me that she didn't get her confirmation until around 18 weeks and that everyone she knows has been able to get a bed there, so you all should be fine. Just thought I'd let you know

I was looking at my friend with total envy. She's soooo tiny! She hardly has a bump at all and looks fantastic. I think I'm going to be absolutely massive the rate I'm going. Especially as I haven't been able to do any serious exercise for about 8-10 weeks. Oh well, lucky I have no appetite at least.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

It is on a french website...all in french sorry :-(
    But they explain that it is based on the angle / orientation of the "sexe" with the body. At 12 weeks, both look like the same on a scan (futur penis and futur clitoris are both out of the body) and very easy to mixe up...the angle is the only way to determine the sex. Female genitals can't be oriented upward...it's more or less on line with the body, opposite to a little guy, which is clearly going up !

Cheers

Lizabeth is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone!

I have not been on in ages!! I was traveling in the US for the holiday season. Which was the worse experience ever. I guess my body wanted to wait until I was traveling to fully kick in the terrible morning sickness. I have been sooooooo sick. In fact, I have lost about 3 pounds because I have not been able to keep anything down. Then to top it off I got the flu! I think things are starting to calm down now. I just started to get my appetite back.

I was so shocked to read that some of you are able to get a fairly good read of the sex of the baby this early. I was 5 month pregnant with my son before they told me the sex. But in the US they don't do scans as often as they do here so that could have been why so long. Congrats to those who have a good idea of the gender of their babies, so exciting!! I can't wait to find out!

I have a scan tomorrow. I am only at 10 weeks so I don't think I will get much info. I was too early last scan to see the heartbeat so it will be nice to get that final confirmation that things are okay.

I have a silly question. This "booking" a hospital thing is totally new to me. I think it is ridiculous that you have to do this in the first place but whatever. I did receive my confirmation at Matilda a while ago, but the date is about a week before my due date. How can they actually book a day with something as unpredictable as having a baby? What happens if you go really early? Do you not get your spot? I'm sure that is not the case, but how does the date work since it is probably very doubtful that anyone will have their baby on a specific date?

MisB is offline Registered User

Scans and Pure

Love love love hearing about all of the scans!! My scan was pretty boring - baby did a few turns at the beginning but only moved its arms and legs. Very cooperative. Probably means he is going to take after my husband. I am kind of getting a little antsy to find out the sex of the baby but I will wait.

As for Pure: I tried the studio out once for free before joining. I have introduced 4 friends to it who all tried a class for free in 2008. 2 joined and 2 have not yet joined. I would see about that, otherwise a drop in class is HK$250. It's worth it just to get a good idea of some of the poses and positions while you are pregnant and about to progress further. It is a heck ofa leg workout. I have been regularly exercising and practicing yoga throughout my pregnancy and my legs totally feel it. :treadmill

Hope all of the morning sickness and colds subside for everyone to enjoy the weekend!! See you Thursday.

hapa808 is offline Registered User
    I just went to Pure and got a free trial class for the Prenatal Yoga. Just wanted to test to see if I even liked it before committing to a membership. Is anyone up for the class on Tuesday at 12:45?

Hope you all are having a nice weekend and staying warm!!

Good morning ladies !

Hope you had a good week end !

Happa, I'll be at the class on tuesday at 12:45 ! see you there ! I believe misB will be there too, we don't miss one :-)

I'm seeing Dr lord at 12:45, will keep you informed about the umbillical cord thing...

Have a great monday morning.
    Jeanne

Page 44 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast