Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

MisB is offline Registered User
    Hapa - I hear you with the insomnia. I wake up at 5:30 a.m. faithfully everyday. Then need to take a nap around 7. I am really hoping it gets better - dragging through the day!

Looking forward to Yoga tomorrow!!

~melissa

woodstock07 is offline Registered User
    I just had my NT scan this afternoon and everything went well, low risk for Down Syndrome, which is a big relief! Baby was very active and kept sucking its fingers - very cute and exciting as this is my first abdominal scan. Doc could count 5 fingers on each hand but I can only see a blob. Baby has a high nose bridge, which is probably from my DH as I have a rather flat nose. Gender is unclear yet as it is still early, I'm just 11 weeks + 1 but she said she should be able to tell at the next appointment in 3 weeks.

woodstock07 is offline Registered User
    I was wondering if anyone is keen to take up pre-natal Yoga class at Yoga Central (located in Central). Pure Yoga's schedule doesn't work for me as I work quite erratic schedules and travel quite frequently. I know Yoga Central is not opening up a new class but they will take individual class ($600 per hour) or 2-person class ($800 per hour, ie. $400 each person). I'm happy to do once a week each weekend (flexible on time). If anyone is interested, please PM me. Thanks!

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    Hi Girls,

How are you all? I hope you are all feeling well.

Sorry for my lack of contact lately. I haven't been feeling well due to shocking back and pelvic pain. I finally saw a physio today and they found that my pelvis was way out of alignment so I have to have regular treatments over the next few weeks. The good news is that I feel much better after my treatment today but the bad news is that I can't do yoga or any other exercise until the correct it properly. So, I won't be able to join you girls at Pure Yoga tomorrow. I'm so disappointed!

Mari, that's great news that you found an apartment! Did you end up with the one in our building by any chance? Either way, you are still close to me. We'll have to organise to do some walks up Bowen Road sometime. You must be so excited about finally being able to get the nursery set up too

Melissa & Mari, I hear you on the insomnia. I was sleeping really well until I developed the pelvis and back probs. It is worse when lying down, so I wake up at all hours of the night with pain. I hope it improves for you both very soon.

Jeanne, I'm so glad you are starting to feel heaps better.

Welcome Joanne821, looking forward to meeting you at our next catch up!

Kath, my hubby and I are fine for the get together on the 8th, so count us in!

Anyway, I hope you've all had a fab Monday. Looking forward to our next catch up.

Melinda x

MisB is offline Registered User

New recruit!

Hi gorgeous girls. Found out another girl I know in HK is pregnant and guess when she is due.......July!! She is good for Feb 8th, too. So, now I just need to get her on here. And she is starting Pure Yoga in February!!

Pumped for Yoga tomorrow! Sorry you can't join us Pinkballerina. I went to Pure Fitness today for the Prenatal Fitness class and it was all about pelvic alignment and how it is so easy to go out of wack. Get it all fixed up and you'll join us in no time.

I am going to have another "snack" if my husband doens't get home soon!!!

zany500 is offline Registered User
    Hi girls !

Change of plan, we go to Macau on thursday ! Finally coming to Yoga today with my colleague Anuja (11w pregnant).

Hope you'll get it all fixed soon Pinkballerina...

Hope everybody is doing good today !

MuminHK is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and am actually moving to Hong Kong from Australia in March 09. I am pregnant with my second child (first one just turned two) who is due 26 July. THis forum sounds like lots of fun with lots of support, so was wondering if I could join?

I also have some questions if you don't mind.. I have been reading various forums on geobaby, and whilst I was originally going to go to QM for delivery, my husband prefers that we go private, so i've been thinking about Adventist? Is anyone booked to go there?

Also, any recommendations for private obs? Does anyone know what my chances are with booking a private obs in March (ie so late in the pregnancy?)

Thanks!

AussieMum is offline Registered User
    Hello ladies, how are we all? Welcome MuminHk to the forum, we really hope you can make our catch ups once you have settled into HK. I am also from Oz (in case you didn't guess) and have a one year old as well. We have only been here for 6 months but it is great, really enjoying it so far. I don't know much about Adventist, but know that both with Adventist and Matilda (the other very popular private international Hospital) you need to book in early and pay a deposit. Also, I think some Obs get preference for their clients in certain hospitals. Personally, I am seeing Dr Lucy Lord from Central Health. There are two Obs there, the other being Dr Grace Cheung. Both are extremely popular and have a great reputation. Details are below:
    http://www.centralhealth.com.hk/
    So far I have been very happy with Dr Lord, and have a few friends who's baby she has delivered. They too have been happy with her. In saying that, there are many good obs in HK, and many of the mums to be in this forum are seeing many different ones. I will send you a PM with further details. Re booking Obs in March, I would recommend phoning ahead and speaking to them directly. I know Central Health have many Midwives who are very informative on the phone. I know that many book up quickly (I was told when I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks I might not get in to see Dr Lord, but thankfully I did.
    Zany500 - I am off to Macau on Friday for 5 days, so maybe we will run into each other there.
    MisB - feel free to pass today's email onto your pregnant friend, and if she can make it, I will add her to the list!
    PinkB- sorry to hear about your back, hope it continually improves for you. What a bummer about Yoga, I am hoping to join once I have a helper organised for Emma.
    Woodstock07 - congrats on your scan, glad to hear all went well.
    All - I am having very weird dreams as well. Had a weird one the other night that I had an affair with Gordon Ramsay (weird!). Thankfully we didn't **** or anything more, but when reporting all this back to my husband he is beginning to think I am weird! They are really vivid and I feel like I am waking from really heavy sleeps. I could sleep through an earthquake at the moment.
    Hope all is well with everyone today.

Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast