Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Queen Mary Hospital

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    The mainlanders are the ones smoking in the hospital ;) (JUST KIDDING!!)

ookiinome is offline Registered User
    spoke super loud, smelly, push pp around....just found them super rude....
    no matter what, if yr budget allows, an experience in a private hospital on the hk side is more enjoyable! thou u might find paying 100k for the 4D3N is ridiculous but i appreciate the individual care & attention

i did visit a friend who deliver in Union hospital (the private one in NT)...where is flocked with well-off mainlanders & she complained that she woke up by the visitors in 8am! cos they speak so loud & treat the ward as their home...

maybe i m biased to them but honestly i seldom hv pleasant experience with them...except those who are educated overseas

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by ookiinome View Post
    spoke super loud, smelly, push pp around....just found them super rude....
    no matter what, if yr budget allows, an experience in a private hospital on the hk side is more enjoyable! thou u might find paying 100k for the 4D3N is ridiculous but i appreciate the individual care & attention

i did visit a friend who deliver in Union hospital (the private one in NT)...where is flocked with well-off mainlanders & she complained that she woke up by the visitors in 8am! cos they speak so loud & treat the ward as their home...

maybe i m biased to them but honestly i seldom hv pleasant experience with them...except those who are educated overseas
    Its so true, when i was having my check up in tsak yuk, they speak really loud too. I mentioned before that in QM they mixed up all my test report, so in the end i chose to give birth in matilda because i trust my private ob more & it was ok for me to risk the fact that QM is better equipped for emergency than matilda.

The after care in matilda was fantastic, though i was in a standard room i had the room to myself for 3 days

HappyV is offline Registered User
    Actually, when I gave birth in QMH, it was the 'local' women who broke all the rules in terms of visitors. The French woman didn't like the food, and said so. The Indian lady had curry brought in one day, and many people complained.

I guess it's a HOSPITAL, not a private hotel. Very few in H can afford private hospitals, and to actively discourage their use due to complete prejudice and racism is pretty funny.

BTW - the last time I was an inpatient was about three weeks ago, Spent three days there. Only one mandarin speaker I could hear, ad she was no louder than the other two dozen Chinese /Japanese/Australian/Indian women in the ward.

Canucker is offline Registered User
    I'm with HappyV and have to TOTALLY disagree with ookiinome... actually... I think your comments ookiinome are WAY OUT OF LINE... calling mainlanders "smelly"... I'm sure you didn't smell like roses after pushing out your baby?!

I'm due to make my second trip to QMH in the coming weeks and found my first experience just last year fine. I was in the "general" area, slept great and was treated by some of the best and most qualified medical experts in HK.

As for blowing upwards of HK$100K for a few days in the hospital... what a waste! I would rather use that money to travel the world with my child - building memories s/he will remember.

One final note... maybe a bit of "overseas education" would help you build some tolerance towards others as well as improve YOUR English skills.

I'm just saying....
    slin likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12