Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help Needed

dhirsh is offline Registered User

Help Needed

Dear Moms,
    I am so frustrated. My 7 month old has started vomitting a lot over the past couple of weeks. I have tried everything I could think of to help him and nothing has worked. The reason for my frustration is that I cannot reach anyone to ask them for advice. Am I crazy to expect a nurse at my doctors clinic to take the time to answer my simple question over the phone so I don't have to pay a consultation fee for something that may not be serious.

arismom is offline Registered User

Hi

I can only imagine how frustrated you feel... I have been in a couple of situations when I needed some advice as well - instead of asking the nurse, I asked to speak to the doctor directly. They once put me straight through and another time I left a message and the doctor called me back. I told the nurse what the issue was and that I needed to speak to the doctor urgently.

Hope that helps, n hope your little one is doing ok.

AndreaY is offline Registered User

"vommitting a lot" does not seem to be very minor thing, and if I were a doctor, may not make a diagnosis or suggestion over the phone, especially with all the viruses around now. If it were just a cold, then asking for general advice is good enough. I would go to the doctor on this one, hopefully it will turn out to be something minor, but at least you'd know for sure.

little mum is offline Registered User

Agree with AndreaY, take your baby to a doc, this is the best way

mrstee is offline Registered User

If you're really concerned and your gut instinct tells you something isn't right, go see the Doctor.

Some Pediatricians have a phone number where they can always be reached, or if it's not urgent, and email address. If your Pediatrician isn't available to you at all hours, perhaps you could look for another one that is always available to you since you're already paying a lot of money when you DO have to see the Doctor.

Tracey Nicole is offline Banned

perhaps see one of the ladies at annerley? they have mummy/bubs mornings?

clowe77 is offline Registered User

hmmm i agree. if i were you i'd take him to see a doc. excessive vomiting could be a sign of something that requires diagnosing by a doc. better safe than sorry when it comes to your LO. i know if i called my PD with a problem like that he'd say that he can't give me a diagnosis for such a symptom over the phone, that he'd need to examine him.

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Yes you are crazy to expect them to do a diagnosis over the phone. Nobody in their right mind would do this. What if they are wrong and something bad happens to your child? Imagine the lawsuits.

You need to get your baby to the doctor. 7 months old and vomitting for weeks. That's not good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast