Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Passport Photos for new born

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

Thanks everyone!

Baby is due in 2 weeks and we need to apply for Australian citizenship and passport quickly as we plan to move back early next year. I think I will try it at home first and then if that fails go to a photo shop.

I can't believe how fussy the embassy can be for new-born photos!!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Karmah - I was in exactly the same situation as you - although we're not MOVING back to Australia, we were just planning on being back there for Christmas. My baby was born October 24th (4 days early) and we are leaving on Dec 18. She'll be about 8 weeks when we travel. She's 4 weeks today and we're picking the passport up in a week and a half - and we just need to get some sticker in her passport for Hong Kong immigration and then we'll be right to go!!

Koan is offline Registered User

karmah, the Aus embassy was OK with our son's passport pic. We did it at home, on a cream coloured sheet and gave the photo printing shop the specifics on the size and they did it for us. No problem at all. We took about 50 photos (in many different shoots) before we got one in which his eyes are open and looking at the camera. I'd definitely recommend doing it yourself. We needed his passport in a rush and they were great, said they'd try to get it done quickly and call when it was ready. Took them about 3 days.

joshsmum is offline Registered User

We had ours done at IFC mall too for our sons Australian passport. Tried at home but too hard.. if you need it in a hurry I recommend a photo lab as they know what the requirements are and ensure a good shot.

Ai li is offline Registered User

That ia a good idea with DIY when we have ample time. I would like to try it myself.

Does anyone know the specifications of the photo? Should I focus only on the baby face or the body too for UK and HK passports?

Can I also use the photo while the baby is smiling? I do remember back in UK, they are strict very with the photos. They do not accept a smiling photo recently.

I am wondering it is acceptable here (Both the HK & UK passports).

Yuhikaru is offline Registered User

How does the DIY white sheet method work? Just put the baby on it and take the photo pointing the camera downwards? :)

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuhikaru View Post
    How does the DIY white sheet method work? Just put the baby on it and take the photo pointing the camera downwards? :)
    We actually put baby in a carseat. Covered it with a white sheet and took a few shots. Best to do it in the morning when they're well rested and not cranky. Took USB to the Kodak shop and they helped us pick the best one and printed it.
    Yuhikaru likes this.
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Yuhikaru is offline Registered User

Wow, that's a good idea. Will try it! Thanks a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12