Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Union private room normal delivery cost?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Union private room normal delivery cost?

I`m wondering if anyone has stayed in a private room at Union hospital.

If so, can you tell me how much you paid and break it down for me? eg. dr fees, room fees, food, epidural, etc.

Greatly appreciated!!!!!

Ai li is offline Registered User
    Hi Shenzhennifer,

We paid $80,281.00 in August this year. I stayed an additional night there.

Dr fee: $30K. ($15K for semi private or standard)

Room fees : $3300 per day.There are 4 or 5 types of private rooms from $2XXX to $3600.

Food : $1380. Set meal (4 meals a day). A la Carte is available too.

Epidural : (I didnt have it).

Actual breakdown from the IN-Patient charges slip
    Day 1 :
    Room Charges : $3300
    Normal delivery package : $27,260.00

Day 2 : (Actual delivery day)
    Treatment/ Procedure : $817.50
    Use of medical equipment : $825.00 ( I guess it is vacumm)
    Pharmaceutical charges : $607.50

Day 3 :
    Treatment/ Procedure : $232.50
    Consumable charges (non food): $67.50

Day 4 :
    Treatment/ Procedure : $150.00
    Consumable charges (non food) : $90.00
    Meal Charges : $1380.00
    Sundries Charges : $99.00

Day 5 :
    Delivery fee/ Doctor fee : $30,000.00

FOR BABY:
    Treatment/ Procedure : $1350.00 (My baby has got jaundice)
    Ward Round : $4000.00
    Clinical Lab Tests : $202.50

Total amount : $80,281.00

With regards to your other post (Change Of Plan From China To Hk). We arrived HK on 15th May 08 (without HKID), my estimated due date was 26th Aug 08. We managed to secure a room with Union hospital a week later (without HKID). What the hospital needed was just deposit but not HKID. I got my HKID in early Aug 08. I dont think it matters if you are choosing a private hospital.

You may like to have all documents ready eg: (your husband company letter, visa) when entering HK Immigration on your arrival, especially you are departing from China and you are in your late pregnancy.

Hope the above info helps and good luck :)

WOW!!!!!! Thanks for that precise info. That`s what I needed to be sure. So I definitely CANNOT have my baby there. Wow...
    Makes me really miss Canada...

Hi Shenzhennifer,

I think most of the private rooms in private hospitals are about the same price. Matilda can be more.

However, if you choose to have semi or standard rooms, I believe the cost is much lesser.

Is that what the hospital told you all the semi/ standard rooms are full? Cause I only confirmed with them that I wanted to have a private room at 36 weeks. Which means, there're still other rooms available other than private rooms.

if you have any question, pls feel free to ask :)

Cheers.

They told me that only private rooms are available, which I think makes sense because not everyone can afford that price tag. As we all heard, a lot of mainland mothers go there - that price is pretty crazy from over this side. And yes, I heard that at Matilda, some people are paying over $100K - but they must have fancy health insurance - I can`t possibly justify the cost.

I`m so interested to know why private room doctors fees are twice the price - did you get twice the care?

Anyway, today after I told them I wouldn`t be getting a private room they said that if I wanted to be on a kind of waiting list for regular rooms I had to pay a $10,000 deposit immediately and basically sit and wait but they would let me know in December.
    Once I see what my husband`s company says about this move finally, then I will determine whether to go on their waiting list, or stick to my original plan and have the baby in GZ. Or plan on both for extra insurance. It all depends on where our home base will have to be.
    Thanks for your help again.

I am not sure about the twice the care. Maybe not.

The doctor visited me once or twice a day after delivery, which i think it is quite standard one. Anyway, I dont think I needed the doctor to be around all the times.

Nurses were very helpful and initiative. After knowing that I was quite painful during breastfeeding, the nurse offered a nipple cream and breast pump(borrow).

One thing i forgot to mention, you have to take into consideration of emergency C-section. The total cost may more 100K for private room. I was ALMOST being sent for C-section. Luckily, I managed to delivery at the very last minute.

If you are already in HK, have a visit tour at Union hospital. You got to make an appointment with then prior to the visit.They will show you all the rooms and explain very well every single detail. They are able to quote you verbally (non officially) of the total cost, which is very accurate quoted to me. No hidden cost at all.

I think I better 'warn' you first. After seeing their private rooms, you may change your mind to insist on the private room.

Hi~
    I did a tour of Union about 4 months ago. It`s a nice place and sure, once I saw the private rooms I very much wanted to stay there. But then they told me that there was a room charge ON TOP OF the private package (where`s the sense in that?) and I quickly let go of that possibility. Also, the `sales lady` showing us around was a bit ambiguous about actual costs, which I didn`t like. I only found out what people paid through this website. To be honest, I wish I had gone to another private hospital months ago, one that didn`t have the same strict rules as Union (no baby in the room, husband cannot see the baby except for 30 minutes a day through glass), but it`s too late now. Beggers can`t be choosers, as they say!
    I just hope my husband`s job situation turns out so that we can stay here longer, I can have my baby at the nice place in GZ, private room, baby rooms in, fraction of the cost.
    And you`re right - I know the emergency c-sections are even MORE than regular c-section packages - wouldn`t that just be bad luck!

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    Hi Jennifer

I just sent you a PM