Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Anyone seeing Dr Alexander Doo?

Roshna is offline Registered User

i have to tell you pinkballerina, a friend's husband loves Dr. Doo and goes on and on talking to him even about non-pregnancy related stuff while the wife waits for a chance to ask about the baby! And my hubby - not an easy one to please - also thinks quite highly and enjoys Dr. Doo's manner. He came to see my in the hospital after i had delivered, in the evening of the day before i was to be discharged, just to see everything was okay - and he was flying that same night to Paris for a family holiday. i so appreciated that.

pinkballerina is offline Registered User

Your feedback is very reassuring Roshna. Thanks for that. I think it's very important for the Dad's to be happy with the decision. My GP actually mentioned that there is one female Ob/Gyn in HK (not mentioning any names) that a lot of men don't like apparently, so I made sure I steered clear of her! Haha.

Thanks again.

emilyrose79 is offline Registered User

Cost of Dr. Doo

Hi Everyone,

I just found out im expecting, probably in my 2nd month now.

I am leaning towards going to Dr. Doo, but i want to know how expensive really is he? I will be paying out of my own pocket, so this is a strong consideration for me.

How much is your routine monthly visit + scan?

Thank you ladies!

Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope you are feeling well

I am 7 weeks pregnant, so have been seeing Dr Doo for the past few weeks. My consultations with him are every fortnight at the moment and so far I've had two scans (one of them was unscheduled due to some health concerns). I just had a look at my most recent bill and it was $900 for the consultation and $1000 for the scan.

At the moment I seem to be having scans every two weeks but I'm sure they won't be as often once I'm further along.

The biggest expense I've had so far were the blood tests required for the private hospital booking. They were $3500, which seemed totally crazy to me!

So far my husband and I have been very happy with Dr Doo. He has a great bedside manner and seems to be quite experienced and efficient.

Hope this info helps!

doodle is offline Registered User

Hi all
    I'm seeing Dr Doo and am really happy with him. He is very thorough and takes time to look at every aspect of the babies (I'm having twins) on the ultrasound.
    He was also adamant that I should leave work at 28 weeks and he wrote me a letter for my employer with no problems.
    My appointments cost $2300 (because there are 2!) and I was confirmed at the Matilda very quickly.
    If you can get an appointment in the morning. By the afternoon he is very busy and I often have to wait 30 mins.

jube is offline Registered User

I had Dr Doo as well on the recommendation of a friend of mine. Since it was my first I didn't know what to expect and didn't have many friends with babies so it was a steep learning curve. My friend had a good point, you really have a few months to find the right doctor and you should find one that suits you.

From my first meeting, I liked Dr Doo but wanted my husband to meet him too. My husband liked him too so we went ahead with Dr Doo.

Dr Doo really is fantastic. As everyone mentioned above, he's very patient, never rushes you, let's you ask all the questions you need to etc. As a first timer and not originally from HK, I felt it was really important to have a doctor you can trust and talk to and he definitely is that.

Re Natural or C Section, I had the opposite. Dr Doo suggested that I try Natural. In the end I needed to have an emergency C Section but we tried for a long time for Natural until my temperature went up and the baby's heart beat started to drop a little.

I found him overall to be quite neutral on everything and pointing out the facts that you need to be aware of. He's definitely not cheap but we felt it was totally worth it. His nurses are also lovely. We found out that several other friends also used him and all had glowing reviews.

The only thing I would suggest re hospitals is to visit the hospitals you are thinking of and see how you feel there. I think part of the anxiety is the actual delivery and it's good for you to have an idea of what you're in for, what sort of room you want, what the staff are like etc.

Hi Jube,

As mentioned in earlier posts, I'm also seeing Dr Doo and really like him. I just wanted to ask which hospital you delivered in? Were you able to do a tour of the hospital beforehand? I think your suggestion of visiting the hospital before delivery is a very good idea and would like to do that myself.

MuminHK is offline Registered User

Hi

I am looking for an obstetrician and was wondering if anyone had any idea as to Dr Doo's fees for delivery - natural and elective c-section?

Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast